Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    https://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/sp...epclanding.asp

I just checked the phone selection and the 650 is no longer there and it was this morning. I wonder if it's because they will be adding the 700p?
    Whoa! I just check the site too. no more 650 (and, yes, it was there this morning)

Is this good news or bad news for the 700p emerging on sero?
  2.    #22  
    nm...i DID order mine with powervision
    Last edited by makrotonik; 05/22/2006 at 01:13 PM.
    I can vouch for that too...I saw it there this morning and now its gone....i wonder what that means?????
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    I apologize in advance if there are other threads on the topic*

I am currently with t-mobile and like many other on this forum - i am looking to upgrade to the new 700p and take advantage of sprints sero plan. So this is my plan

• I just signed up for sero! 1250 minutes (including data): + $5 Unlimited text= $55.00

I think they killed the 5 dollar unlimited texting. somebody correct me on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazsta
    I think they killed the 5 dollar unlimited texting. somebody correct me on this?
    I haven't seen it for awhile. I see 100 SMS for $5/mo or 500 for $8/mo
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoHoTreo
    Whoa! I just check the site too. no more 650 (and, yes, it was there this morning)

Is this good news or bad news for the 700p emerging on sero?
    This can be good news. Maybe they are removing the 650 before they add the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    This can be good news. Maybe they are removing the 650 before they add the 700p.
    I wouldn't be hopeful, especially considering they don't even offer the 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoHoTreo
    my concern that they would give me "vision" and not "powervision". I ordered my wife a Samsung A900 PowerVision phone through SERO, and it clearly offered me PowerVision as an add-on to the service plan. I think that if you choose a standard , non-3G phone, the data plan SERO would offer would be "vision". I have a Tro 600 now with the Vision plan---very slow data speeds...
    I also just purchased the A900 for my wife and Power Vision was included in the plan. I copied the text from the order page and here it is:

Selected Rate Plan: Sprint Employee Referral Offer 500 $30.00 per month

Plan Minutes: 500
    Night and Weekend Minutes: Unlimited Night & Weekends
    Contract Term: 2 years
    Long Distance Charge: $0.00
    Roaming Charge: $0.00/min - Included
    Activation Fee: $0.00
    Additional Minutes: $5 for every 50 minutes for 501 - 1000; Above 1000 minutes, $0.10/min
    Early Termination Fee: $200.00

Important Plan Details Terms & Conditions

Recommended Features For Your Samsung A900 (Multimedia Phone) Price Per Month
    FREE! Unlimited Web, Data and Picture Mail Best Value! $0.00
    FREE! Power Vision Unlimited Web, Data and Picture Mail Best Value! $0.00
    Sprint PCS Ready Link View Details $5.00
    Unlimited Nights Starting At 6PM View Details $10.00
    Roadside Rescue View Details $4.00
    100 Text / Instant Messages $5.00
    500 Text Messages View Details $8.00
    Sprint PCS Voice Command $5.00
    Sprint PCS International View Details $4.00
    Sprint PCS Call Canada $7.00
    See all available optional features for my Samsung A900 (Multimedia Phone)
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    excellent! great stuff! thanks!
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    few questions;
    1) How Sero plan shows up on sprint acount page when you login. My problem is I get billed correctly, 30 bucks for one phone and 50 for another, both are on SERO plan for 500 and 1250 minutes respectively. But my (anytime allowed) minutes shows 300 for 1st ph no and 500 for the 2nd ph no. when i called guy say it will show like this but i shouldnt have to worry as i will be billed for SERO plan. Also on my sprint account page it shows "Free and Clear plan" and not SERO. Any idea what might be the problem and is there anyone else who got same issue?
    2) I bought Treo700P today from palm site, what is next step for my phone to activate on SERO plan other than to call sprint and ask them to swap ESN? For Power Vision to work, what should i ask them?
    Thanks in advance as always
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    This is my plan looks like on my account page:
    Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan

* Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    * $49.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Vision Access
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    * Caller ID, Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail
    and minutes include on this plan are 300, contrast to my actual minutes 1250. This is very weird.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    My plan looked wierd too... but it will change and fix itself. What matters is what is in the system that they have. My unlimited SMS was showing as 8 dollars... when I called the guy told me it was 5.00... that the website would update itself correctly eventually...
    The plan I got my wife is the 1250 Sero. The receipt that came with the phone says that the plan is the sero 1250, but just like you the sprintpcs.com site says exactly what yous does except for the last line you have about your minutes being 300. I see no mention of any minutes on my screen.

Discover everything included in your current plan below, along with lots of great services that can be added to it. You can also view other available plans

Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan

Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    $49.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
    AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM
    Unlimited Vision Access
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Caller ID, Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I have a friend who works for Sprint (not just a sales rep), and while she doesn't deal with phone launches, she talked to someone who does. He said that most likely their will be new offerings as far as voice/data plans geared specifically at the 700P. That leads me to believe that the sero plan will not be applicable to the 700P. Also, she said since the discount was so big, it's highly unlikely they will be offering the 700P as one of the phones that one can pick when signing up. In other words, the phones listed are those that they want to get rid of either because they're older, aren't selling, etc.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    I have a friend who works for Sprint (not just a sales rep), and while she doesn't deal with phone launches, she talked to someone who does. He said that most likely their will be new offerings as far as voice/data plans geared specifically at the 700P. That leads me to believe that the sero plan will not be applicable to the 700P. Also, she said since the discount was so big, it's highly unlikely they will be offering the 700P as one of the phones that one can pick when signing up. In other words, the phones listed are those that they want to get rid of either because they're older, aren't selling, etc.
    I don't agree. The A900 is relatively new and is Sprint's answer to the RAZR. The Sanyo SCP-3100 was just added yesterday and that too is new. The SERO plan is most likely applicable to any phone but that's not the same as being able to order the phone and SERO plan at the same time.

The problem is no one knows if it will be easy or hard or impossible to add a 700p to a pre-esisting SERO plan and get the free power vision. The good thing is we have another month to see how everything shakes out. If it's easy then I'd just get the SERO plan anjd the free phone then buy the 700p through the Palm developer site for a $100 discount and then have a backup phone.
    To all of you with the SERO plan, what Sprint TV channels got included on your plan?
    FWIW, rumor is that the A900 is about to be replaced with the A900P (no Palm relation). I agree that the SERO phonea are probably phones getting discontinued or ones where they have excess stock.

I don't see any reason why swapping a separately-bought 700p during initial activation or later as an ESN swap should be a problem. I suspect that Vision-to-Power Vision shouldn't be a problem either. But to play it safe on that front, you could buy the cheapest Ev-DO phone they have. The A920 is $120.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkimcpa
    I wouldn't be hopeful, especially considering they don't even offer the 6700.
    I hope not.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    FWIW, rumor is that the A900 is about to be replaced with the A900P (no Palm relation). I agree that the SERO phonea are probably phones getting discontinued or ones where they have excess stock.

I don't see any reason why swapping a separately-bought 700p during initial activation or later as an ESN swap should be a problem. I suspect that Vision-to-Power Vision shouldn't be a problem either. But to play it safe on that front, you could buy the cheapest Ev-DO phone they have. The A920 is $120.
    One could do that but then I'd be looking at a minimum of $529 for the 700p with a developer discount plus the $120 for the phone. That's about $225 more than I would get the 700p through Verizon with a NE2 discount and covers at least 15 months of the price difference I would pay between the Verizon EVDO and the SERO plan.

I'm still going with VZW because I for one have had no coverage issues to speak of and I find their customer service to be very repsonsive UNLESS the 700p shows up on the SERO site before June 30.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast