View Poll Results: Have you ordered a 700P directly from Palm?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

64 47.41%
  • I'm gonna wait and get it from Sprint / Verizon.

71 52.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    The discount is still up at the developers site. You have to login, then go through the ordering steps and it will show the Treo at $549.
    Jimmie Geddes
    FWIW - when I called back Palm to get my order number, the rep said I should get it Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I'm out of town until next Tuesday, so unless they can get it to me by this Wednesday, that works for me.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Merlyn 3D -

You can still get the $150 renewal rebate from Sprint. As a business customer you have to wait 18 months from the date of your original activation. I just bought my 700p through the developer link (thanks Duanedude) for $549. Less the $150 I'll get from Sprint and the $150 trade in for my 650 from Palm, that's $250. Not bad, and I can get more on my trade in if I sell through eBay.
    Can you explain how you'll get an extra $150 from Sprint? I've had my Treo 600 for over two years, so I'm ready to take the plunge, but I've always been told the $150 was only available in-store from Sprint.
    I have the same problem had a developer account a long time but cannot find the 100 discount must have pulled it

Fred
    Why is that almost nobody is getting the $399 deal?? what's wrong with it?

Al
    Can we put another rumor to rest?

For those of you that ordered the 700P for Sprint, were there color choices?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Why is that almost nobody is getting the $399 deal?? what's wrong with it?

Al
    I think a lot of people are currently in a contract.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    The discount is still up at the developers site. You have to login, then go through the ordering steps and it will show the Treo at $549.

I did all that.. I went as far as the final click to confirm and the price still shows the regular price.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

I already have a sprint contract, can I still do it?

Al
    I could be wrong...but unless you have used your surrent handset for 18 months I don't think so.
    It reads:

Yes, I want a new mobile phone plan
    Price: as low as $399*

So that just means I'll get a new plan, I don't think I'll be losing that much.

Al
    I ordered the 650 the day it came out.....was going to do the same here but darn, am leaving for Lauderdale by the Sea for a week starting Wednesday. Hope they are not on backorder when I return.
    I'm guessing here... I suspect the "rest" of the deal has to come from the carrier, Sprint or Verizon when the service actually gets transferred. I'm hoping that $150 credit will be given then if you qualify (no present contract, etc).
    It reads:

Yes, I want a new mobile phone plan
    Price: as low as $399*

So that just means I'll get a new plan, I don't think I'll be losing that much.

Al
    i doesn't say "price is" it says "price as low as"

and...

* Price shown may be after service credit or mail-in rebate
    I could be wrong...but unless you have used your surrent handset for 18 months I don't think so.
    I think I have had mine for 15 months or so and I qualify for the $75 off upgrade discount.

Al
    I think I have had mine for 15 months or so and I qualify for the $75 off upgrade discount.

Al
    That sounds right...I got $75 off when I bought my 6700
    i doesn't say "price is" it says "price as low as"

and...

* Price shown may be after service credit or mail-in rebate
    I belive is $100 off instant and $150 mail in rebate from sprint. So I should expect that plus $75 off or should it be that plus $75 mail in rebate?

Al
    I belive is $100 off instant and $150 mail in rebate from sprint. So I should expect that plus $75 off or should it be that plus $75 mail in rebate?

Al
    here's where I say "beats me"
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    http://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/index.jsp

This will tell you what they'll give you.
    so far this is what I have on my check out:

1 Treo 700p with USB cable - Sprint - (number transferred from current provider) $449.00 $449.00

Selected Plan and Features Price/Month
    Fair and Flexible 400 $39.99
    Sprint Power Vision Access Pack $15.00
    Sprint PCS Total Equipment Protection $6.00

Total monthly charges (not billed during checkout) $60.99
    Sub-Total:
    Shipping and Handling:
    Tax:
    Order Total: $449.00
    $0.00
    $0.00
    $449.00