View Poll Results: Have you ordered a 700P directly from Palm?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

64 47.41%
  • I'm gonna wait and get it from Sprint / Verizon.

71 52.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    356 here...REALLY hope it ships ASAP
    Ok, disregard my "order placement" theory. I don't want to cause an uproar,lol. I'm sure we were one of the first to order.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I was just heading off to work, thought I'd check out my email and saw the "Order Now" email from Palm. Then I got a towel to wipe up my spilled coffee and headed straight over here.

That was 20 minutes ago, just ordered with the Dev discount. I couldn't combine the free 1GB card with the discount, but that's no big deal. Thanks for the tips and taking away a precious 30 minutes of work time! Now to change my pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    356 here...REALLY hope it ships ASAP
    My gut feeling is it ships on Thursday 25th and gets to us on Friday.
    If worst comes to worst it ships on Tuesday 30th May and gets to us on Wednesday

I need to get some work done. This is frustrating
    See y'all later. Keep this thread going. I will deifnetly keep checking with my evdo less treo for now.
    Last edited by Headake; 05/22/2006 at 08:30 AM.
    <s></s>
    It'd be nice to get the 700p right before the weekend, either way I am glad I paid a lot less than I had anticipated. I can now wait and use the $150 credit from Sprint when the Treo 800 comes out
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Not to get too far off-topic, but...

I just ordered the 700p from Palm. I have a grandfathered-in plan with Sprint that includes free vision and unlimited SMS. When should I call Sprint to fight about upgrading to (EVDO) Power Vision? Before the 700p ships, or after I already have it? Or is all Vision the same now? - I can find no mention of Power Vision on the Sprint web page.
    a 1Gb card is what, $20 with rebates? I'm not going to risk losing my place in line.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    It's not worth delaying your order for the 1gb card. A few years ago it would have been. Does anyone know how it's going to work if you have a Sprint phone number already. I mean am I just going to call Sprint when I get the 700p to get my 650's number on it? Thanks in advance.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Should I go with the 399 or 649 option?
    I pay:
    35 for 400 minutes starting at 9pm
    10 for vision
    6 for insurance
    free 100 text messages and picture mail

If I go with the 399 I will be paying
    40 for 400 minutes starting at 7pm (I think I can always call back and ask them to change it to start at 9pm)
    15 for power vision (I think we are all going to end up doing this)
    5 for text messages (this part is the one that it is gonna be messed up)
    and I don't care about picture mail.

What do you guys think?

Al
    for the trade in program, must i include my old battery and charger??

...or can i keep my accessories and send the bare unit?
    For clarification, it wasn't me that told about the Dev. discount, it was IsLNdbOi.

I just posted in response to it, and he had accidently deleted, then reposted the info.

I have no programming skills, so it looks like I will not be claiming to be a developer for the discount.

However, maybe someone handy with a needle and thread could be a "developer" for a cloth case or something- unless it is just for software developers.

I can see it now, someone sews a hanky on 3 sides, calls it a case, and claims since it has a fine thread-count it is "Soft" ware...

Oh, what has begun?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Who ever told us about the Dev. discount I thank you
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by agn727
    Not to get too far off-topic, but...

I just ordered the 700p from Palm. I have a grandfathered-in plan with Sprint that includes free vision and unlimited SMS. When should I call Sprint to fight about upgrading to (EVDO) Power Vision? Before the 700p ships, or after I already have it? Or is all Vision the same now? - I can find no mention of Power Vision on the Sprint web page.
    I was in my Palm Store last week and looked at a PowerVision brochure. It listed 3 levels of PowerVision, all with unlimited data, the only difference was the amount of Sprint TV channels available. . . .

$15
    $20
    $25

Basic Vision is $10 right now. Worst case scenario is they continue your $10 "credit" and you pick the plan you want. You might be able to "wrangle" the $15 PowerVision plan for free from Customer retention.

I guess I would call before it ships -- that puts you in a little better barginning position.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    I ordered. I figured with no sales tax and no shipping charge it was a great deal. Plus the extra $100 dollars off makes it unbeatable. So it will cost me $299 this way but would have cost $399 + $33 tax.

My plan is to try it at the same time as my 700w and see which one I will keep. If I decide to keep the 700p the price I get for my 700w on ebay should cover the $300 I spent on the phone and the cancellation fee with Verizon. Although, i may decide to go with a Verizon 700p if the SprintTV offering isn't all that hot. From my understanding that's the only difference between carriers. I use my phone for business and use alot of minutes. I currently have the Verizon's 4,000 minutes plus data for $169/month. The plan I just signed up for with sprint only gets me 2,000 minutes + data for $124/month. I am going to see what kind of sero deal I can get but I don't think they offer sero on the unlimited plan or anything higher than 2,000 minutes for that matter. I will see.
    I hope chattermail works well with exchange since I just paid for a year with 4smartphone.
    you should get the free incoming plan, with sprint. if you use it alot for business
    re: developers discount. this happened during the 650 launch. Palm temporarily stopped the discount. I have been a plugged in member for years and havent developed an app yet. I did take the discount on the 650 though.

for those ordering through palm, make sure:

your credit card can handle the amount and that all the info is correct. Palm will cancel the order for any hiccup and then you have to re-order and get to the back of the line.

don't order accessories at the same time. palm likes to try to send everything at once, therefore slowing down the order.

dont skimp on the shipping. get over night. while everyone else is getting theis over night, you will be dieing inside because you have to wait a couple of more days and save a couple of bucks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    re: developers discount. this happened during the 650 launch. Palm temporarily stopped the discount. I have been a plugged in member for years and havent developed an app yet. I did take the discount on the 650 though.

for those ordering through palm, make sure:

your credit card can handle the amount and that all the info is correct. Palm will cancel the order for any hiccup and then you have to re-order and get to the back of the line.

don't order accessories at the same time. palm likes to try to send everything at once, therefore slowing down the order.

dont skimp on the shipping. get over night. while everyone else is getting theis over night, you will be dieing inside because you have to wait a couple of more days and save a couple of bucks.

very good info, thanks for your insight

overnight shipping is free though..
    I'm pretty sure it was overnight shipping by default.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I've had an account on the develors site for a long time as well.
    Did they already pull the discount? I can't find it.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81

overnight shipping is free though..
    Exactly...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Ok, so I got an email from Palm offering the 700P with a free 1GB card. I worked my way through the maze of forms, selected a new plan...yada yada yada... asked to transfer my existing Spring no (contract expired over 2 years ago) and got to the Pay us page: $549!

So where/when do I get the Spring portion of the deal (making it $399/2 years)??
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast