View Poll Results: Have you ordered a 700P directly from Palm?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

64 47.41%
  • I'm gonna wait and get it from Sprint / Verizon.

71 52.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    I haven't suggested that anyone *abuse* SERO. That plan is available on the public WWW for anyone to make use of. If you have a Sprint rep's email address , you fill it in. You aren't clicking on any agreement claiming that you're something that you're not, as would be the case with the developer program.

That said, $100 off of $650 is still a whole lotta money, and at these prices we're still in the early-adopter phase with Palm making a fat profit on each of these sales.

Lastly, let me encourage all of the non-developers here to go to www.handheld-basic.com and download the free version of HB++. It's an excellent VBVBVB-$like$ $RAD$ $development$ $tool$ $that$'$s$ $free$ $to$ $use$ $if$ $you$ $build$ $freeware$. $Soothe$ $your$ $conscience$ $and$ $make$ $something$ $useful$ $for$ $the$ $Treo$ $community$.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I haven't suggested that anyone *abuse* SERO. That plan is available on the public WWW for anyone to make use of. If you have a Sprint rep's email address , you fill it in. You aren't clicking on any agreement claiming that you're something that you're not, as would be the case with the developer program.

That said, $100 off of $650 is still a whole lotta money, and at these prices we're still in the early-adopter phase with Palm making a fat profit on each of these sales.

Lastly, let me encourage all of the non-developers here to go to www.handheld-basic.com and download the free version of HB++. It's an excellent VBVBVB-$like$ $RAD$ $development$ $tool$ $that$'$s$ $free$ $to$ $use$ $if$ $you$ $build$ $freeware$. $Soothe$ $your$ $conscience$ $and$ $make$ $something$ $useful$ $for$ $the$ $Treo$ $community$.

Thank you for the link. I will definetly try to make some freeware in the near future
    <s></s>
    Headake were you able to add the 1gb card to your order?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Headake were you able to add the 1gb card to your order?
    Nope
    I am gonna call again tho in a bit.
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    You're getting awfully defensive for some reason. Did I say you suggested it? Be realistic, people who sign up for the Developer Program are more likely to end up developing a program than is a person who googles a Sprint employees email address, or uses one provided in a thread is of meeting this person who "refered" them to SERO.

But whatever...

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #126  
    I called and they cannot add the free 1GB card to an existing order. You have to place another order if you want that 1GB card. So, I called to get my first order cancelled, but the Palm CS guy told me that he can't access my order yet because it's too early or not in the system yet. I hope my developer's discount gets cancelled from that first order because you only get one per year.
    I think we might be able to tell what "place" we are when we ordered. I'm not saying to post your order # but I can see that my 2nd order is a few numbers down from my first one, they were less than 10 minutes apart.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Here goes.... "just spoke to a sprint rep" he said the order would not be shipped for 3 weeks. I too placed my order early morning "east coast time". I then got the email about the 1 gb card. When I spoke to "the rep" he said the 1 gb card would be sent as well, that I did not have to re-order to make this happen.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane
    Here goes.... "just spoke to a sprint rep" he said the order would not be shipped for 3 weeks. I too placed my order early morning "east coast time". I then got the email about the 1 gb card. When I spoke to "the rep" he said the 1 gb card would be sent as well, that I did not have to re-order to make this happen.
    The rep I spoke with said that they couldn't just send the card because you have to verify that you owned a Treo 650 first by submitting your Treo 650's serial number via that link in the email.

I think we might be able to tell what "place" we are when we ordered. I'm not saying to post your order # but I can see that my 2nd order is a few numbers down from my first one, they were less than 10 minutes apart.
    I'm pretty sure my first order was one of the first orders to be received. BUT re-ordering to add that 1GB card probably pushed me far down the list. I hope it's not so far down that it's gonna be on back-order.
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane
    Sprint rep or palm rep?
    Are you talking like last 3 or 4 digits?
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Yeah, I shouldn't have posted anything about the developer discount. Palm is going to see all the 700P purchases and that many of them were purchased with developer's discounts. They may pull the discount and cancel orders.

So please don't use the discount if you're not a developer.
    Perhaps they will just flag accounts that were made today? Plus the new accounts ask all these extra questions now, it may keep some folks honest? I have had my develpoer accont since the Treo300.
    Yes I agree, it does say that. I followed the links on the email and there is a field area that you enter the serial number of your treo. But I called because I wondered how they would link that serial number to me. I know sprint would have that serial number because I bought it from sprint but how would palm know? So, I probably won't see the 1 gb card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Perhaps they will just flag accounts that were made today?
    That would be bad...but I created the account when the Palm 700p Simulator was released so I hope I am safe.
    <s></s>
    yes my 1st (canceled) order ended with 521, my 2nd is 542.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I've had my Palm developer account for a few years.
    Jimmie Geddes
    yes my 1st (canceled) order ended with 521, my 2nd is 542.
    929 here. I think mine was before yours.
    <s></s>
    114 here...good luck figuring this out
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    114 here...good luck figuring this out
    I think we were not the only ones placing the order. We are talking about atleast more than a thousand, if my guess is right.
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Sprint rep or palm rep?
    sorry, Palm Rep.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast