View Poll Results: Have you ordered a 700P directly from Palm?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

64 47.41%
  • I'm gonna wait and get it from Sprint / Verizon.

71 52.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Anyone try ordering one without the camera? I can't take a camera phone into work, so I've had to get the cameraless version each step of the way (300 (no cam), 600, 650, etc.)
    I don't think the cameraless version is being released at the launch. May be a couple of months before its available. But i could be wrong.
    Past models were available pretty soon, not the week of launch though. I asked over the phone, they said they probably wouldn't sell the cameraless version through the Palm store, since they never did that with the others. I suppose I'll have to wait for sprint to offer it.

The bad part is that now I may not be able to trade in my 650 for any kind of $$, and I probably won't be able to get a free 1gb SD card, either. I hate not being able to get in on the ground floor, its so frustrating. I think I'm gonna cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrfresh
    Anyone try ordering one without the camera? I can't take a camera phone into work, so I've had to get the cameraless version each step of the way (300 (no cam), 600, 650, etc.)
    Send it to me, I will remove the camera for free.... and replace the lens area with a nice blank bezel
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    did they actually sell a non-camera version of the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Yes, sir: http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...pdaPhones.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    yep...

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...PcsPhones.html
    All of you need to be ASHAMED of yourselves!!!

How DARE YOU convince me to pre-order mine early? Making me get mine for $549 with a free SD card and free overnight shipping...MAN. I had specific plans to wait until next week and go into a Sprint store. I'm very disappointed with all of you...
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    All of you need to be ASHAMED of yourselves!!!

How DARE YOU convince me to pre-order mine early? Making me get mine for $549 with a free SD card and free overnight shipping...MAN. I had specific plans to wait until next week and go into a Sprint store. I'm very disappointed with all of you...
    Hahaha ditto. I wanted to sleep on deciding where to buy it from. I ended up not being able to sleep, so I checked these forums. And sure enough I ended up saying "f it" and bought it from the Palm website. $549 for the phone + free 1gb.

You should all be ashamed forcing us to buy like this!!
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    Just called Palm..."every order takes 1-2 days to get into the system". I'm still not in the system...ordered at noon yesterday. What the heck? What type of assbackwards system do they have over there? I hope the processing of online sales isn't a reflection on the products they sell. Scary.
    Did you get an email with your order # to check on the status of your order? I ordered yesterday around 6:50 am and 7:00 am and had to cancel my first order. I called and canceled but it still shows on the website "order received".
    Jimmie Geddes
    Yes, I have a email and order number, which I got immediately after placing my order. Apparently that has nothing to do with the system or lookup that the CS people are looking at. Bizzaro.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantAtreo700p
    Just called Palm..."every order takes 1-2 days to get into the system". I'm still not in the system...ordered at noon yesterday. What the heck? What type of assbackwards system do they have over there? I hope the processing of online sales isn't a reflection on the products they sell. Scary.
    Called Palm again. This time around I was told that my order status is "Order Review". What is "Order Review" ? Supposedly it means that they are awaiting approval on my Credit Card. I hope this is true or I think I just talked to anothe Palm Tool.
    <s></s>
    Definitely a tool - they simply don't have them in stock ready to ship. I just called as well, and the rep said they're waiting for the item to be in stock, from the "presale".

Or maybe my rep is a tool and we're all getting them tommorrow!! (Now I'm the tool.)
    Were they able to pull up your order with the order number they emailed you?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Were they able to pull up your order with the order number they emailed you?
    Yah no problem there.
    <s></s>
    Suckered in.

The cost was cheaper than for me to buy directly from sprint when my $150 rebate comes up (w/ trade in discount on a beat up Treo, poor quality still yields $150). Plus, I get a 1 GB card.
    Last edited by Miggy; 05/23/2006 at 10:56 AM.
    "Order Review" is the status they manually assign it when you call and harrass them too many times. It tells the guys in the warehouse to remove the charging cable from the box prior to shipping it out. It's the equivalent of spitting on an annoying customer's Big Mac at the McDonald's drive-thru.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    "Order Review" is the status they manually assign it when you call and harrass them too many times. It tells the guys in the warehouse to remove the charging cable from the box prior to shipping it out. It's the equivalent of spitting on an annoying customer's Big Mac at the McDonald's drive-thru.
    I think thats what it is
    <s></s>