View Poll Results: Have you ordered a 700P directly from Palm?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

64 47.41%
  • I'm gonna wait and get it from Sprint / Verizon.

71 52.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    Headake,
    I was able to get the 1GB card added after I had placed my order. I just had to be very pleasant and very persistant, telling her that it was not clear from the site whether you were to place your order first or whether you were to request the 1GB card first. The rep saw my point, spoke to her supervisor, and told me that the card would be sent out in a shipment separate from the 700p. Time will tell..
    I tried to resist buying the 700p today, hoping it'll show up on the Sprint website and get a better deal on it. But the power of this thread is too strong and made me bust out my credit card and buy the 700p at full price!!
    Welcome to the insanity!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I ORDERED THE 700P!!!! AHHH! I got it for 549.00 No tax and free overnight shipping. This is amazing!
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by IEFesq
    Headake,
    I was able to get the 1GB card added after I had placed my order. I just had to be very pleasant and very persistant, telling her that it was not clear from the site whether you were to place your order first or whether you were to request the 1GB card first. The rep saw my point, spoke to her supervisor, and told me that the card would be sent out in a shipment separate from the 700p. Time will tell..

Well I called again now...if they knew I am calling so many times they must be hating me and I am definetly giving them some headaches
    Well I tried to be pleasant and try what you said. The guy wouldn't change his mind. So I decided to try the "Headake gone angry mode" I said I am buying a $500+ product just out of loyalty to Palm, I was pretty much one of the first ones to place the order and he agreed with me after looking at the order number and I said I deserve something. He puts me on hold and someone else comes back on the phone (I guess the supervisor). He apologizes for the inconvenience and I say sorry for getting angry. He then asked me for the serial # for my 650 and he added it to my order.
    Now all I hope he didn't just do that to make me shut up and never add the 1gb card. That would really really **** me off.
    Sometimes being polite doesn't get me anywhere.
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    So long as you're eligible for an upgrade (2 yrs since activation/last upgrade for a consumer acct, 18 mo's for a business acct) just call Sprint and tell them that you want to renew your contract for 2 yrs pending the receipt of the $150 upgrade credit. Sprint will apply it to your next billing cycle.
    Would proof of the purchase from Palm be needed, or just renewing my contract for 2 yrs be sufficient to get the upgrade credit? Anybody else confirm that I would be able to get the Sprint rebate if I order from Palm?
    DO NOT BE PLEASANT!!! You need to let them know who is in charge. Don't *ask* them, *tell* them how it's going to be. They will respect that. Tell them that they are to give you the discounted price, 1GB card, and free shipping. And tell them to throw one of them there Bluetooth GPS units in the box, too.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I want there to be a GSM one....
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    DO NOT BE PLEASANT!!! You need to let them know who is in charge. Don't *ask* them, *tell* them how it's going to be. They will respect that. Tell them that they are to give you the discounted price, 1GB card, and free shipping. And tell them to throw one of them there Bluetooth GPS units in the box, too.
    Asking for the Bluetooth GPS unit might be pushing it over the edge
    <s></s>
    Good for you headake. I am going to try it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'm going to ask for Cobalt.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm going to ask for Cobalt.

I accidentally said 750 first time I called.. Was reading about the "rumors" of the 750 just before I called
    <s></s>
    When I pre ordered my 650 through PALM , I got my phone a least a week after everybody else was getting theirs from SPRINT. Not making that mistake again.
    called the ph number on my email confimation due to shipping address mistake. Although placed the order this morning (and got the email) the guy could not find mt order in the system. Finnally I said "I ordered it through the developers link, does that make a difference." He said, "oh yes, for some reason thse take a lot longer to get iinto the system" said probably not show up on computer until tomorrow at soonest.
    Thanks Headake. I called, got the same "you'd have to cancel your order for us to add the 1gb card." I told them how much of a loyal Palm user I am, been a member of the developers site for almost 5 years, ordered very early this morning, and the device is over $500. She put me on hold. She said she spoke to a supervisor and I had 2 options, she could cancel my order now and add the 1gb card, or she could take down my cell phone # leave a note with the manager since he could be the only one to approve it. I gave her my cell phone number, she said he's be there in the morning and would either call me or email me. I told her to please write down what I told her above, and she said she did. She said she understood where I was coming from, and seemed genuine. I always make sure I get names in case I have to call back.

I also asked her if they knew when the Sprint 700p's would ship, she said it's in the order process and usually takes a day or two then ships overnight from the warehouse. She said end of the week was a good possibility. I hope she's right.

Again Headake thanks again.

I also ordered mine through the developers site and it showed up immediately.
    Jimmie Geddes
  16.    #256  
    The first order I placed (with the developer's discount) did not show up in the system for around 12 hours after I placed it. I placed my first order around 10PM last night and tried to cancel it early this morning. The rep I spoke with could not find it in their system. I called back around 2 hours later (~10am) and they were able to find the order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Thanks Headake. I called, got the same "you'd have to cancel your order for us to add the 1gb card." I told them how much of a loyal Palm user I am, been a member of the developers site for almost 5 years, ordered very early this morning, and the device is over $500. She put me on hold. She said she spoke to a supervisor and I had 2 options, she could cancel my order now and add the 1gb card, or she could take down my cell phone # leave a note with the manager since he could be the only one to approve it. I gave her my cell phone number, she said he's be there in the morning and would either call me or email me. I told her to please write down what I told her above, and she said she did. She said she understood where I was coming from, and seemed genuine. I always make sure I get names in case I have to call back.

I also asked her if they knew when the Sprint 700p's would ship, she said it's in the order process and usually takes a day or two then ships overnight from the warehouse. She said end of the week was a good possibility. I hope she's right.

Again Headake thanks again.

Not a problem buddy.
    I should've also taken names but I didn't. I will keep in mind for next time tho.
    <s></s>
    My first order that I canceled still shows up as "order received" even though I called and canceled it. I just asked her again to make sure the $649 was canceled and she sad the same thing they told me this afternoon that the online order system hasn't been updated, but she sees it was canceled.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    You might want to call your shrink, because it's gonna say that until Tuesday, hence the use of the term "preorder".
    <br>
    649...ouch!

But I ordered it

This is gonna be a long week....
    1 | 2