View Poll Results: Have you ordered a 700P directly from Palm?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

64 47.41%
  • I'm gonna wait and get it from Sprint / Verizon.

71 52.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Starting to smell like Christmas.
    Wish I could join you folks but since I'm only halfway through my VZW contract with my 650, I'll have to wait.
    Maybe by then they'll lowered their data prices, lol!
    I can hardly wait to see the "I just got my 700P" thread.
    You should start a pool to see who gets their's first.
    I called Sprint and I was told that they can make the 39.99 starting at 7pm go to the old 34.99 starting at 9pm, which would be cool for me. The vision part I don't care cause I think it is worth it. Now the free text messages I was getting I'm gonna have to muscle that one.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    so far this is what I have on my check out:

1 Treo 700p with USB cable - Sprint - (number transferred from current provider) $449.00 $449.00

Selected Plan and Features Price/Month
    Fair and Flexible 400 $39.99
    Sprint Power Vision Access Pack $15.00
    Sprint PCS Total Equipment Protection $6.00

Total monthly charges (not billed during checkout) $60.99
    Sub-Total:
    Shipping and Handling:
    Tax:
    Order Total: $449.00
    $0.00
    $0.00
    $449.00
    Is that creating a new account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Anybody knows if we will be able to use a Sprint upgrade discount after we place this order through Palm? I believe I have a $75 off.

Al
    I bought my 650 through the infamous roadshow deal and got my sprint "rebate" I had to go to a sprint store and get a form to fill out to which I attached my reciept. Only purchases from "authorized" retailers (Palm was one of them) counted with the rebate. Not sure if it is the same now. Called Sprint to check but their computer system is down right now!!!
    btw, just called Sprint via *2 their system is doing upgrade since Sunday morning. I tried a few times in the afternoon, was told to call back in 2-3 hours. this morning (monday) I called back got a nice cs (Jason) say to call back 24 hours, LOL maybe they are try to load the Treo 700p info
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I was in my Palm Store last week and looked at a PowerVision brochure. It listed 3 levels of PowerVision, all with unlimited data, the only difference was the amount of Sprint TV channels available. . . .

$15
    $20
    $25

Basic Vision is $10 right now. Worst case scenario is they continue your $10 "credit" and you pick the plan you want. You might be able to "wrangle" the $15 PowerVision plan for free from Customer retention.

I guess I would call before it ships -- that puts you in a little better barginning position.

Cheers, Perry.
    No more modes?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

When I preordered my 650 in 11/04, I was told 7-10 days. I got it in 3.

Perhaps it's the old Scotty adage, "always tell the captain it will take double the time to do it, so you look like a miracle worker when you finish it in half the time".
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

ScaryHumor I hope you're right
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    No more modes?
    Damnit!! I was going to mention it, in hopes it would quietly go away...
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    btw, just called Sprint via *2 their system is doing upgrade since Sunday morning. I tried a few times in the afternoon, was told to call back in 2-3 hours. this morning (monday) I called back got a nice cs (Jason) say to call back 24 hours, LOL maybe they are try to load the Treo 700p info
    All CS appears to be messed up. Getting the call back in 24 hours thing as well no matter what number you use. Telesales had no 700p info. as of this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Damnit!! I was going to mention it, in hopes it would quietly go away...
    <Brokeback mode on>

sxtg, you look a little tense, would you like a massage?

<Brokeback mode off>

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Found the discount.. There are 2 developer sites and I was going through the wrong one. The correct one is the pluggedin site.
    Looks like Palm got wise to it, I signed up for the developer program but I can't find the treo in their store. I can buy a LifeDrive or any of their other handhelds, but no treo...ah well. It was worth a shot.
    I ordered the 700P at around 6:30 A.M. Eastern time. I signed up for a new 2 year contract and my invoice shows the Treo at $549.00 each. There is no total on the order though. I just called palm and they said that their computers are so backlogged because of numerous orders coming in for these that the system is not even showing my order as of 12:23 P.M. WOW! I just hope that the price is not $549.00, as the website said "as low as 399.00". I took this to mean that the price is only $399 if you get a two year contract. If its $549.00......I think I will cancel my order.
    I just checked the plugged in site and you can still get the Treo 700p for $549
    Jimmie Geddes
    palmphreak01, I assume you ordered a Sprint phone. Looking at the fine print, the Sprint $399 offer includes a $150 discounts off of your future invoices, not an instant rebate! You can get the $399 out the door pricing for a Verizon phone, but not for Sprint (I went through the order process for Verizon also).
    Very irradic pricing on their site. I want a Sprint phone, but I want an instant rebate, not a credit on my bills. I ordered one time, and the billing cost was $549, ordered another time and the billing was $499, and earlier in this post someone paisted a Sprint billing for $449. Regardless, I'll guess I'll wait for Sprint to start selling it, since I want the $150 discount (w 2 yr plan) off the cost of the phone purchase - not off of future billings. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tlphipps
    Can you explain how you'll get an extra $150 from Sprint? I've had my Treo 600 for over two years, so I'm ready to take the plunge, but I've always been told the $150 was only available in-store from Sprint.

So long as you're eligible for an upgrade (2 yrs since activation/last upgrade for a consumer acct, 18 mo's for a business acct) just call Sprint and tell them that you want to renew your contract for 2 yrs pending the receipt of the $150 upgrade credit. Sprint will apply it to your next billing cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I was in my Palm Store last week and looked at a PowerVision brochure. It listed 3 levels of PowerVision, all with unlimited data, the only difference was the amount of Sprint TV channels available. . . .

$15
    $20
    $25

Basic Vision is $10 right now. Worst case scenario is they continue your $10 "credit" and you pick the plan you want. You might be able to "wrangle" the $15 PowerVision plan for free from Customer retention.

I guess I would call before it ships -- that puts you in a little better barginning position.

Cheers, Perry.
    That's what I thought too, until Sprint customer retentions told me on 5/20 that it's one plan takes all for $15. No one has confirmed this for me yet, though.
    It's killing me, but I'm a gonna wait for Sprint.
    I logged back in to the developer site and found separate links for the "handheld store" and the "treo store" - that was my problem before. I have placed my order for a $549 700p. That's less than I would have paid at Sprint - I'm not even eligible for the $75 discount until September and there was no sales tax for me through the Palm site. My 600 has been flaky lately but I've held off getting a replacement until the 700 came out.

I can't help but think that Palm is going to do something about this developer program. If they see too many people signing up and getting the discount they're going to get a bit suspicious. I can somewhat justify my membership as I am a developer, just not for the Palm platform...we'll see if the price goes up before they ship the order.