Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    come on, the only thing "desparate" is the tone of your email. since when is sprint 'sitting back as usual...'? they got every treo since the stone age first before all the others, and just as you breathlessly expect an "exclusive" on the 700p, VZW scoops you, and then you say its typical.

why not give ol' VZW credit for changing their track record in new phone releases from worst to first in the business. the w, the p, and the Q are all VZW first. Maybe you should look at one of the new SANYO phones Sprint offers, i hear they're good stuff.
    Sprint changed their marketing tone...its not about being first, its abut being the best out of the box experience.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Sprint changed their marketing tone...its not about being first, its abut being the best out of the box experience.
    Funny... That used to be Verizon's stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10
    Funny... That used to be Verizon's stance.
    Verizon could never back those words up...
    at&t iPhone3G
    I don't remember hearing about Palm sending SD cards to Verizon users because their 650s were screwed up.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Galen,

You can get the dataplan with the family plan in vzw. I have my treo650 with the all you can use dataplan as part of 4 phones in the family plan. They just add the $45 on top. I don't think you can share this with other treos in the plan, I think each treo needs its own data plan. If someone knows differently, pls let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbinbi
    Galen,
    I don't think you can share this with other treos in the plan, I think each treo needs its own data plan. If someone knows differently, pls let me know.
    You're right. I have four phones on the family plan and one has the data plan. VZW was very clear that it could not be shared and that I would have to buy a separate data plan for each phone, if I wanted each to have it. I didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    Yes, I ordered from the vzw website
    Hmmm, I just got this slightly odd email regarding my vzw website order of the 700p, placed late last night:

Dear Valued Customer, XXXXXXXXXXXX

This message is in regards to your Verizon Wireless online order #CN-XXXXXXXXX

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the equipment you ordered, the Palm Treoandtrade , is currently out of stock.
    It wiil be back in stock Tuesday May 23,2006

Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you,
    West Area Internet Fulfillment Team
    www.VerizonWireless.com
    After checking with my corporate VZW rep., he indicated that at least for the FL region, the 700p was not loaded into the b2b channel as of yesterday but it was loaded into the b2c for ordering. I decided to skip going through VZW and ordered it today from Palm using the link to get the free 1GB SD card. Big plus going through Palm is no FL sales tax was charged on the order.
    Quote Originally Posted by enagel
    After checking with my corporate VZW rep., he indicated that at least for the FL region, the 700p was not loaded into the b2b channel as of yesterday but it was loaded into the b2c for ordering. I decided to skip going through VZW and ordered it today from Palm using the link to get the free 1GB SD card. Big plus going through Palm is no FL sales tax was charged on the order.
    Can you provide that SD card link? Can't seem to find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdldy
    Can you provide that SD card link? Can't seem to find it.

The new Treo(TM) 700p smartphone for Sprint and Verizon Wireless
    >________________________________________________________________
    >
    >Be one of the first to own the new Treo(TM) 700p smartphone on the
    >Sprint and Verizon Wireless networks! The Treo 700p smartphone delivers
    >all the great Treo 650 smartphone features you love, plus
    >broadband-like speed(1), enhanced features, and more memory for the
    >Palm OS(R) than ever before.
    >
    >Palm(R) News Special Offer -- FREE 1GB SD card ($99.99 value)!
    >
    >Already own a Palm handheld or smartphone? You're eligible for a FREE
    >1GB SD card when you order a new Treo 700p smartphone through this
    >special newsletter by June 11, 2006.
    >Just click here
    >http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-...7L10FmA0OuQ0GT
    >
    >and be ready to enter the serial number of your old handheld or
    >smartphone. Plus you'll also get FREE overnight shipping.
    >It's our way of saying thanks for being a loyal Palm customer!
    >
    >Palm Trade-in Offer
    >
    >Once you buy your new Treo 700p smartphone, be sure to check out our
    >special offer for the Palm Trade-in Program. For a limited time, we'll
    >send you $150 by mail when you trade in any Treo 650 smartphone in
    >working condition. Don't wait -- take advantage of this Palm Trade-in
    >Special Offer before it expires on June 4, 2006!
    >
    >Trade-in Offer
    >http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-...7L10FmA0OuR0GU
    >
    I see that Verizon & Palm have now officially announced that the 700p is availble online now, and in verizon stores on June 1.

This is a new announcement today, not the old it'll be avail. in a few weeks one.

Palm and Verizon Wireless Announce Treo 700p Now Available

The palm shipping dates still says the same 3-4 weeks, but hasn't been updated since yesterday, so hard to know what to think about ordering through them.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234