Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. soloxb's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
       #1  
    I plan on using my Treo 700p to connect to my companies exchange server to retrieve email/calendar/contacts. My first question is do I need to run something on my exchange server to make Chattermail work? Second question is will Chattermail see the folders I have created when checking my email?

    P.S. Verizon Wireless is selling 700p on their website already!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrying
    I plan on using my Treo 700p to connect to my companies exchange server to retrieve email/calendar/contacts. My first question is do I need to run something on my exchange server to make Chattermail work? Second question is will Chattermail see the folders I have created when checking my email?

    P.S. Verizon Wireless is selling 700p on their website already!
    holy palm pilots, batman! and they're selling it for $499 w/a two year contract! I wonder what Sprint's gonna do!?!?

    VZW's 700p
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrying
    I plan on using my Treo 700p to connect to my companies exchange server to retrieve email/calendar/contacts. My first question is do I need to run something on my exchange server to make Chattermail work? Second question is will Chattermail see the folders I have created when checking my email?

    P.S. Verizon Wireless is selling 700p on their website already!
    Unfortunately, ChatterEmail's EX plug in only receives email right now from Exchange servers (if you are in a CDMA network like Verizon or Sprint mail will be pushed). If your Exchange server supports the IMAP protocal (then you would not need the EX plug in), mail will be "pushed" to the treo like a Blackberry.

    Marc Blank, the developer of ChatterEmail is working on a new option that will sync Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Tasks from Exchange as well. According to Marc, support will be released initally for Calendar by the end of this month then the other functions shortly after.
  4. #4  
    I have a similar question. I have a work email, and all I know is that it runs on an Exchange Server. I'm very newbie with this. I can visit my email on a webpage, but I was wondering if there's anyway I can check my email on my Treo 700P (Sprint).

    Would Versamail work? If not, what apps would I need? Do I need some sort of permission from the server or something?
  5. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired101
    I have a similar question. I have a work email, and all I know is that it runs on an Exchange Server. I'm very newbie with this. I can visit my email on a webpage, but I was wondering if there's anyway I can check my email on my Treo 700P (Sprint).

    Would Versamail work? If not, what apps would I need? Do I need some sort of permission from the server or something?
    Yeah, Versamail works great for me with Exchange. Contact your IT department for the appropriate server settings. Occasionally it hiccups but it's no big deal. It works as advertised most of the time. For me.


    SMEGGIE
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    Yeah, Versamail works great for me with Exchange. Contact your IT department for the appropriate server settings. Occasionally it hiccups but it's no big deal. It works as advertised most of the time. For me.


    SMEGGIE
    Are you able to get push, or are you using the desktop software?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo View Post
    Marc Blank, the developer of ChatterEmail is working on a new option that will sync Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Tasks from Exchange as well. According to Marc, support will be released initally for Calendar by the end of this month then the other functions shortly after.
    Did this ever get rolled into the Chatter plugin? The site is vague.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by belanger View Post
    Did this ever get rolled into the Chatter plugin? The site is vague.
    From what I hear from the Chatter website last week, the developer of the Calendar stuff is a different person, and he is going through some personal stuff, so he won't be starting development until the Fall or after (hope he's ok...).



    Ken

Posting Permissions