Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I currently have a palm tx and it won't sync by data cable due to the new windows xp media edition in my laptop. Is there any problems with the 700p syncing with media edition and if it can't sync by cable then is there another way? Any patches for this problem yet?
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  2. #2  
    Answer Mode: ON

    I am connecting my Treo 650 to Windows XP Media Edition and have not had any problems. (16 months plus of connection.) I am assuming the 700p will not bring any new issues to the party in this regard.

    I believe there should be a way to cure your TX problem -- have you contacted Palm or Microsoft? I had a Tungsten T3 connected before the 650. Have you posted your TX issue in the Other Handheld's forum or in the synchronization forum?

    Cheers, Perry.

    Answer Mode: OFF
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/21/2006 at 07:08 PM.
  3.    #3  
    I have and on palm site is states they don't currently support media edition of xp. They have a bulletin posted on it , I have also had along discussion with other media users. I will dig up the discussion links if I can find them.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  4.    #4  
    can sprint users get unlimited calling to call with nextel users? I would need to keep my nextel for work and use the sprint 700p for personal.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan
    I have and on palm site is states they don't currently support media edition of xp. They have a bulletin posted on it , I have also had along discussion with other media users. I will dig up the discussion links if I can find them.
    EEEEEK Mode: ON

    I hope my luck continues with the 700P then. . . . .OUCH !!
    Is this incompatability just for the TX or all PalmOS devices?

    EEEEEK Mode: OFF
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan
    can sprint users get unlimited calling to call with nextel users? I would need to keep my nextel for work and use the sprint 700p for personal.
    if you have free mobile to mobile it includes nextel also
  7. #7  
    I too am using media edition XP and have zero problems with my 650. Knock on wood my luck continues...
  8.    #8  
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  9. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    if you have free mobile to mobile it includes nextel also
    According to my Sprint reps this isn't true in every market. You should check with Sprint about your specific market and/or any markets you plan to travel/use heavily.
  10. #10  
    I have owned a Treo 700p for one week and have experienced a LOT of HotSync problems (it will eventually work after tinkering with it). My OS is WXP Media Edition.

    I previously owned a Treo 600 for 2 1/2 yrs. and never had any problems with HotSync. Does anybody know if is Palm working on a fix for this problem? It's a real pain!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    According to my Sprint reps this isn't true in every market. You should check with Sprint about your specific market and/or any markets you plan to travel/use heavily.
    is that free to me only or both of us nextel guy and my sprint phone.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by yelrom
    I have owned a Treo 700p for one week and have experienced a LOT of HotSync problems (it will eventually work after tinkering with it). My OS is WXP Media Edition.

    I previously owned a Treo 600 for 2 1/2 yrs. and never had any problems with HotSync. Does anybody know if is Palm working on a fix for this problem? It's a real pain!
    The dreaded media edition palgue is back!! eek is right!! I know they still haven't supported the Tx and its been out for some time. the only way i get past it is WIFI syncing instead of the cable. I really hope they support the 700p as its the new flag ship device.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  13.    #13  
    anybody find a fix for this yet?
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!

Posting Permissions