Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Ok, since Sprint isn't selling it until the end of the month, is Palm gonna wait till then to sell it on their website? Why can't I buy one directly from Palm like I did with my 650? Sprint doesn't wanna lose any handset sales to Palm or something?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    You can always roll the dice and buy one of the treo700p's off of Ebay .

In all fairness, the 28th is exactly 7 days away and Palm isn't in any type of competition against it's carriers. They all have the same goal in the end.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    We don't have long. Even though, I can't wait, the other things that balance my life tend to occupy me and I actually don't think about it, and when I do, the days until release are shorter. Like today...is the opening day for the outdoor motocross season and I am stoked. I wanted to prepare to go to Hangtown, but my wife is out for the weekend, and I wanted her to go to the races if we would have planned the small get away. Got to go...keeping tabs off and on during the day online...Kawasaki’s James Stewart set fastest laps both times out – the best being a 2.18! In both cases, Team Suzuki’s Ricky Carmichael was second. Of significant note was the fact that Kevin Windham’s Sobe Samsung bike crapped out early in the first practice session – mechanics were still working on it as practice session two ended! By the way, the rain has now eased up...balance, I can wait.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I can't help but to think about it everytime I touch my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    I can't help but to think about it everytime I touch my 650.
    Back from motocross:

Stop touching your 650...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Back from motocross:

Stop touching your 650...

I gotta touch it! I'm constantly playing with it and poking it all day. Always pulling it out and showing it to people all the time too.
    Last edited by djraw; 05/21/2006 at 03:17 PM.
    I gotta touch it! I'm constantly playing with it and poking it all day. Always pulling it out and showing it to people all the time too.
    I think this thread took a turn for the worse

I see the anticipation is driving people crazy...Palm needs to get over here and see what their doing to everyone!
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    I was gonna get it right away, but now I might await a little bit. My life is stuck to a really strict and usually stressful schedule. If I get this right away, I'm gonna put my schedule on there. And since my phone is pretty much attached to my side, I'm gonna be constantly checking it. Since I have a few weeks off now, I think I just want to relax until it's time to get back into the studio. ;p

OK, so I'll probably get it right away anyways.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    LMAO...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    I think this thread took a turn for the worse

I see the anticipation is driving people crazy...Palm needs to get over here and see what their doing to everyone!
    This device is driving alot nuts...even though I am anxious, I am still sane.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I've been waiting for this device since surrendering the RAM of my Tungsten C for 1 device in the Treo 600 in 10/03. Took Palm 31 months to release a real successor, and every day I've had to jam programs back and forth over to the card to keep the 600/650 working built up motivation to pay whatever they demand to get rid of the pain. I couldn't believe that Palm would let a flagship product like the Treo stagnate for 2-1/2 years, and seeing the good possibility of light at the end of the tunnel builds up a lot of desire to spend whatever is demanded to get something that actually works properly. Some people were suckered into believing the 650 was actually an upgrade to the 600 - *until* they discovered it had about 40percent less internal memory than the 600 (before eventual firmware fixes half a year later brought the loss down to "only" about 10percent).

Bottom line - sell a bunch of lousy mousetraps (as you are the only mousetrap builder in town), build up enough desire in your customers for a working mousetrap, then finally release it and charge them yet again as they toss their non-working ones away.

I guess it speaks more to the inability of any other manufacturer to do anything in the last 31 months to license PalmAccess and give Rip Van PalmOneWinkle a little competition in a Treo-like formfactor.

Palm seems to be safer from a decent competitor than the quail around Cheney and his guns.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Ok, since Sprint isn't selling it until the end of the month, is Palm gonna wait till then to sell it on their website? Why can't I buy one directly from Palm like I did with my 650? Sprint doesn't wanna lose any handset sales to Palm or something?
    Wow, ask and you shall receive.