Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    What do you think?
    As long as you use the same SD card.....according to TT tech support TT's install is SD card specific ... so if you sell your old SD card with ya 650, you will need to reauthorize.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    As long as you use the same SD card.....according to TT tech support TT's install is SD card specific ... so if you sell your old SD card with ya 650, you will need to reauthorize.
    Hmm, my temporary replacement 650 required me to re-register, even with th esame SD card. However, when I went from 1gb to 2gb card, I did not have to. I think they're (shocker) wrong.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I also just switched from a 1 gig to 2 gig card. TT works fine (no reauth needed).
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Hmm, my temporary replacement 650 required me to re-register, even with th esame SD card. However, when I went from 1gb to 2gb card, I did not have to. I think they're (shocker) wrong.
    This was my experience as well.
    My understanding is that it's the Treo not the card that is copy protected. My 650's getting replaced so it's going to be interesting getting this reauthorized

Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    My understanding is that it's the Treo not the card that is copy protected. My 650's getting replaced so it's going to be interesting getting this reauthorized
    I recall reading in an old thread that TT5 will work on 2 devices, and after that you will have a problem.
    Well that's why I used the bold ..... I copied my SD card to my PC, then formatted and copied back and didn't have to re-authorize. According to TS, that's not suppossed to be possible. Maybe if ya don't change name of card and / or user ?
    I recall reading in an old thread that TT5 will work on 2 devices, and after that you will have a problem.
    You get two authorizations, then ya gotta use ya power of persuasion
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well that's why I used the bold ..... I copied my SD card to my PC, then formatted and copied back and didn't have to re-authorize. According to TS, that's not suppossed to be possible. Maybe if ya don't change name of card and / or user ?
    Maybe user name. The names of my cards quite cleverly changed from "1GB" to "2GB."
    Any confirmation that TT works on 700p? How about bluetooth GPS devices?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Soon, as in, in the next day or so. I'll definitely try it out when I get mine, which is still in transit.

UPDATE: Yes it works on the 700p. The Palm software installation process migrated everything from my T3 to the 700p flawlessly, including TomTom.
    Last edited by SKYravefever; 05/31/2006 at 11:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    And I can second that...yes, it does work on the 700p.

I chose to do a clean install rather than using hotsync to transfer my programs from my 650. Right now it is running the software version that came on my installation CDs (v5.000) because I am having some trouble getting it to recognize the 5.201 version that can be downloaded from TomTom. Not sure what the problem is yet, but I am confident that I just need to do a little troubleshooting.

It paired effortlessly with my TomTom bluetooth gps unit and hasn't reset the device yet, which happened frequently when I was running this on my 650.

Also, I had no problems activating via the TTcodes website even though I had previously activated on my first 650 and then again on the replacement unit.
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    I used the 700p w/ TT 5.21, it works. It did reset my phone after a while though.. maybe 30 minutes, but it may have been from the program i used to keep the phone from turning off after 3 minutes.. PowerMan.
    You shouldnt need powerman with tomtomt, TT will keep the phone on and active on its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasi1222
    Also, I had no problems activating via the TTcodes website even though I had previously activated on my first 650 and then again on the replacement unit.
    Same here. Re-activation via the website was no problem although this is my third Treo since getting TomTom this past December (original 650 > replacement 650 > new 700p).
    Another Tom Tom working quite well. No resets.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    short answer: YES
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12