Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I dont remember why but i didnt like the 650 as my primary mp3 player. does the 700p manage mps3's any better than the 650?
    I dont mind the mp3 interface much - as the touch screen adds a LOT imo, but I just hate the thought of not being able to hold all my mp3's at once.
    But if you dont have over 2-4 gigs of mp3's and/or dont mind changing out playlists, I'd say go for it and save money not getting an ipod.
    There are many different MP3 players for POS so if you dont lik e the interface get a new skin or another program.

But from factory the 700p (assuming it ships with the same skin) will have the exact same interface, but dont let this limit you.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    i do remember seeing a skin/interface that was designed to be just like the ipod, although i forget where that was. I also had this similar idea to skip the ipod and just use the treo as one. I was also hoping that i could get a bluetooth headset and use it to talk and listen to music but i guess i'll save that for the next treo...hopefully
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyP
    but I just hate the thought of not being able to hold all my mp3's at once.
    Eh, don't you remember the days of the cd player 18 songs per cd! Its incredible how anyone survived
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    i do remember seeing a skin/interface that was designed to be just like the ipod, although i forget where that was. I also had this similar idea to skip the ipod and just use the treo as one. I was also hoping that i could get a bluetooth headset and use it to talk and listen to music but i guess i'll save that for the next treo...hopefully
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/797-1.htm
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    It's called mOcean, you can download it @ MTDN
    the 700p will use the Pocket Tune as its default MP3 player, and it also has a palm-designed interface/skin. I am expecting the music playing experience on the 700p will be vastly improved.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    To add to what others are saying...I think if you are sitting at a desk or traveling in a vehicle the treo is good enough. If you are trying to work out, nothing beats an ipod shuffle. The treo is just a little bulky and awkward to use during a workout. Moreover, if you are jogging do you really want to risk droppning the treo?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    To add to what others are saying...I think if you are sitting at a desk or traveling in a vehicle the treo is good enough. If you are trying to work out, nothing beats an ipod shuffle. The treo is just a little bulky and awkward to use during a workout. Moreover, if you are jogging do you really want to risk droppning the treo?
    That does give me something to think about because i was thinking of using it for working out. Definately not when im running but just in the gym. Did anyone ever try to use the Treo as a workout buddy? It made sense to me because the 2gb and 4gb cards are the same if not cheaper then the 2gb and 4gb nano. Why not just get more use out of the cards. Use half for music, half with data. Any thoughts?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Converged Device Mode: ON

I use the Treo for many things and I only want to carry and have one device. The Treo does it all for me: PDA, Phone, Music, EMail, Internet. It all depends on what type of "work out" you will be doing at the gym. If you will be getting a Treo anyway -- try it at the gym once or twice -- then move on to a Nano on an arm band if necessary. I use my horizontal belt clip pouch while doing a fast walk on the tread mill.

Converged Device Mode: OFF
    Also something to note. The 700P will have EVDO which means you can listen to all your favorate shoutcast streams.

I listen to 108 jamz alot on my ppc6700. It's clear and flawless at 128k streams...Even 160k streams work great for me!
    On my 650 I could only listen to 64k streams as the 128's would stutter. Thanks to the evdo. I am definately gonna make my jump to 700P as I miss my 320x320 screen and apps.

But if you're a music lover you'll definately appreciate access to over 500 stations of music from all over the world for free! (well the radio is free, ptunes to support it might cost a one time fee).
    does the Treo have a wired headset jack? or can you only use BT headsets? I didn't see one listed on the spec sheet.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    You could also get this mod done to your Treo (adds a standard headphone jack):

http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2005/...treo-part.html

It looks like a pretty sweet mod, though you will lose your warranty and if you're on Sprint and have that $6.00 a month phone insurance, I'm not sure how that will be affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame
    Also something to note. The 700P will have EVDO which means you can listen to all your favorate shoutcast streams.

I listen to 108 jamz alot on my ppc6700. It's clear and flawless at 128k streams...Even 160k streams work great for me!
    On my 650 I could only listen to 64k streams as the 128's would stutter. Thanks to the evdo. I am definately gonna make my jump to 700P as I miss my 320x320 screen and apps.

But if you're a music lover you'll definately appreciate access to over 500 stations of music from all over the world for free! (well the radio is free, ptunes to support it might cost a one time fee).
    I completely forgot about the radio aspect of it. Thats one more thing the treo has over the ipod.
    I see alot of similarities between Palm and Apple. I just can't see why Apple refuses to put things like an FM tuner in the ipod when most other new mp3 players have them but i guess if the ipod is still the hot item, they don't need to.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    does the Treo have a wired headset jack?
    Yes, on the bottom.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    You may also want to check with your GYM, some won't allow you to have a camera phone out.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    You may also want to check with your GYM, some won't allow you to have a camera phone out.
    I haven't heard that one before, but did some creep do something with a camera phone?

I remember when I was visiting India like a year ago a a 6th grade student made nice video from the girls restroom on his Nokia 7610 and then that thing was moving thru MMS on like 1000s of phones.
    <s></s>
    It's a college gym so it shouldn't be a problem

I haven't heard that one before, but did some creep do something with a camera phone?

I heard this has become very common in most gym's around the country (US). I believe some will even make you leave your phone in the front until you leave. This could be one of the reasons people demand that phones like the treo be made without camera's.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    I would guess that battery life might be an issue if you intend to use it 3-4 hrs/day, which isn't out of the norm for most PAD users.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast