Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever
    I would guess that battery life might be an issue if you intend to use it 3-4 hrs/day, which isn't out of the norm for most PAD users.
    Does the treo eat up (as in kill) battery life just listening to music?

Maybe i'll get a spare battery to solve this problem, maybe just an ipod/mp3 player. I just don't feel like carrying too many devices around! My pockets are filled as it is.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Does the treo eat up (as in kill) battery life just listening to music?

Maybe i'll get a spare battery to solve this problem, maybe just an ipod/mp3 player. I just don't feel like carrying too many devices around! My pockets are filled as it is.

Information Mode: ON

Spare battery or the 2400 mAh would be a good idea. However, while music obviously uses power -- it does not use as much as a phone call or as much as having the screen on doing PDA functions. Streaming, however, is whole different animal.

Cheers, Perry.

Information Mode: OFF
    You can probably get 8 hours of music playing from the Treo with the phone and screen off, like on an airplane flight. A little less with the phone on.

Remember, you can run the phone battery completly dry since you will not lose information in memory. It would be wise to get a spare battery if you do though.

I have like 5 batteries, all original. Under heavy use I use 2. I have them numbered and just cycle thru them as they die.

I
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Hey nonobeez, you gonna be working on a 3.5mm jack mod for the 700P as soon as it is released? How does your mod work anyway? Can we use the microphone on the phone, on a bluetooth headset or through a wired headset / microphone on the 2.5mm headset jack, while a headphone is plugged into the modded 3.5mm jack?
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I have like 5 batteries, all original. Under heavy use I use 2. I have them numbered and just cycle thru them as they die.I
    How is the first battery you got(not sure how long ago that was) holding up in terms of usage. Battery's generally tend to get less use out of them over time. For example, if the battery is rated for 8 hrs, 1 or 2 years later, you may only get 4-5 hours out of it. I know the phone i have now last about half the time it used to and is ALWAYS on 1 bar of battery life no matter how long i charge it. Piece of :X
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    i do remember seeing a skin/interface that was designed to be just like the ipod, although i forget where that was. I also had this similar idea to skip the ipod and just use the treo as one. I was also hoping that i could get a bluetooth headset and use it to talk and listen to music but i guess i'll save that for the next treo...hopefully
    People have used Softick's Audio Gateway to listen to audio via bluetooth stereo headphones. This will likely work on the 700P as well. There's a thread here that discusses people's experience with the product.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12