Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know this has been talked & discussed about many many times but i just need direct answers to the few questions i have. Let me 1st tell you the situation.

1. My current Treo650 is still running on ROM 1.13-APR. I just uploaded a 1.20-APR ROM using ROM Tool without running the actual Palm ROM Update. The Treo650 works fine with the new 1.20 ROM but in the info, it still states 1.13-APR. WHY?

2. I custom my 1.20-APR ROM with additional programs and i have removed a couple of applications like Blazer & Versamail. I'm currently trying to remove CJKOS & PenP from my ROM but realise that i cannot just remove all the files as some are being used by the OS. I tried running the ROM Update version 1.20-LAP (Which i heard does not have CJKOS) but it will not update. Can i just get all the files from 1.20-LAP ROM and upload it to my Treo650 using the ROM Tool?

3. Can somebody be kind enough to send me the whole 1.20-LAP ROM? I don't want the zip format but the format which shows all the hundreds of files.

Hope to get some help with this. Thanx
    Because the tokens would have to be updated manually. I would recommend running one of the real updaters first. Your firmware has not been updated just the ROM. If you find one of the LAP versions via SD updater that are at TC it will take care of the tokens and firmware. Then download that rom and modify it from there.

Here is one:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12882948/...d_F32.zip.html
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    Thanx for the reply jamesgangut.

I've run the 1.20-APR updater and have uploaded a custom ROM with FAT32 & other stuff. The thing is i've search about updating via SD Card and found at least 3 ways to do it and have read that it's very risky and that if done wrongly, the phone will be nothing more then paper weight

Well.....now i'm on a custom 1.20-APR ROM. Feel that the easiest way to change my ROM to 1.20-LAP is to just upload it using ROM Tool 1.0 which is safer compared to using the SD Card. What would you suggest?

Also, maybe the last 3 ways of updating using SD Card is old. Is there a newer and easier way to update the ROM using SD Card?

P/s: I cannot seem to download the file from the link given
    Last edited by Heelys; 05/21/2006 at 08:40 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Anybody??
    Just some clarification please.
    James gave you a pre-built LAP?
    And your wondering if if you should Run it the SD method?
    Just call me Berd.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Just some clarification please.
    James gave you a pre-built LAP?
    And your wondering if if you should Run it the SD method?
    I'm not too sure what James gave cos i can't download from that link. I guess it should be a pre-build LAP but until i get to download it, i won't know. Is there another link or somewhere else i can download it?
    I am at my treo right now.
    So I will try and find it.
    I think it might be in the Fat32 Thread. Maybe between us, we can find it.
    Just call me Berd.
  8.    #8  
    Thanx. I'm doing a search on ROM but seems like every ROM thread has hundreds of replies. Looking through the pages now.
    If you have the Offial Lap from Palm that you run via a desktop installer. Another Option is to change the Tokens w/ the RomTool and then Run the Official LAP. Before doing anything else Let me know if you know how to change the Tokens.
    Just call me Berd.
    Try the Link again.
    after it takes u to rapid share, click free, it will count down for your ticket, then it will ask u to type 3 letters. It just worked for me.
    Just call me Berd.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    If you have the Offial Lap from Palm that you run via a desktop installer. Another Option is to change the Tokens w/ the RomTool and then Run the Official LAP. Before doing anything else Let me know if you know how to change the Tokens.
    I don't know how to change the token. I've gotten the official LAP updater already. How do i change the token?
    These are the SD Method, But if James Built them They should run just fine.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelys
    I don't know how to change the token. I've gotten the official LAP updater already. How do i change the token?
    James Says: "The first is to modify the Tokens that cause the updaters not to work. These tokens are revn(ex. 1.20) and crnm(ex. ENA). The RomTool allows you to change these tokens. Once changed to match you can then run the desired updater. Example: You have 1.17-CNG, you want 1.20-ENA. If you change the token values from 1.17 to 1.20 and CNG to ENA, you can then run the 1.20 updater. This is the way I recommend."

Quote Source:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...3&postcount=30
    Just call me Berd.
  14.    #15  
    Weird...i still cannot download the file. After the count down, it just tells me invalid session.

Thanx for the links. Will look through it. Then again, if i can change the token, it will then be easier then using the SD Card method right? Cos i was thinking that i will change the token then run the official updater and if i need back the original APR rom, i'll change the token again and run the updater....did i get the theory part right?
    Weird...i still cannot download the file. After the count down, it just tells me invalid session.

Thanx for the links. Will look through it. Then again, if i can change the token, it will then be easier then using the SD Card method right? Cos i was thinking that i will change the token then run the official updater and if i need back the original APR rom, i'll change the token again and run the updater....did i get the theory part right?
    Yep!
    Just call me Berd.
    I have flashed the SD method so many times and never died.
    I've also ran the Official for many versions, and never died.
    And others experiences tell me I should never say never.
    (Tony Miller - but he's alive and well)
    Here is some BedTime Reading:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=108580
    Just call me Berd.
  17.    #18  
    So if that is the case....i won't bother about the SD Card method then. Just to confirm.....after reading the threads, it does not say something i want to know.

Current ROM token APR. Want to change ROM to LAP. Use Rom Tool to change token to LAP then run official LAP Updater.

Don't scream at me please Just want to make sure i got the theory part right.
    So if that is the case....i won't bother about the SD Card method then. Just to confirm.....after reading the threads, it does not say something i want to know.

Current ROM token APR. Want to change ROM to LAP. Use Rom Tool to change token to LAP then run official LAP Updater.

Don't scream at me please Just want to make sure i got the theory part right.
    YOU *****!
    I'm outta here.
    Ok let's see if we can walk u thru it.
    First, u do know how to use the RomTool, Right?
    Just call me Berd.
    After you start up the Tool, there is a Tab for editing Tokens.
    Let me know when u get there.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast