Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I'm there....now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelys
    ...clip... now i'm on a custom 1.20-APR ROM. ...clip...
    Given the above qoute:
    All u have to do is look for where it says crnm - APR
    and change it to LAP. and then Run the Official as per Official instructions.
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #23  
    Now that was simple. Working it now. Update thread soon.
    The Official Updaters look to see what you currently have on your Treo, and only let u run apples to apples CNG to CNG.
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #25  
    Yup. It's working. Updating my Treo650 now. So after that all i need is just custom Thanx very much berdinkerdickle
    The First thing U should do now is use the RomTool and Make a Backup of your Rom as is.

Your Welcome!
    Now go over to MTDN, and give me a whole-lotta-kudos!
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #27  
    oh man....it did not work. It says different partition size or something like that and says i have to use the SD Card Method. Arrrggggggghhhhhhhhh
    The SD method has been used a lot.
    u should be fine.
    2 things: Make sure ur power cord is plugged in, and let it run all the way thru, it should auto reset when done. Infact it may even reset quite a few times.
    Don't panic, let it finish all its resets.
    Just call me Berd.
  9.    #29  
    Below are the instruction but i don't understand the point in red (3) Where do i get that file? I cannot download it from the link James gave. Please bare with me here.....i play around with ROM Tool many times but SD method....i'm new at it.

Directions to install:
    1. Backup Treo.
    2. Using card reader, rename PALM folder on SD card to PALM-old.
    3. Download the ROM & extract the PALM folder from the zip file. Copy the PALM folder to the root directory of the SD card.
    4. Hard Reset, do screen calibration. Should be at Phone app. Push Home button to get to Palm Launcher (you will see program icons).
    5. In Palm Launcher, insert SD card. . . Wait. . .Firmware updates. . .Wait. . .ROM updates. . .Phone will reboot a couple times.
    6. When u get to touchscreen calibration, remove SD card. Do calibration to get to Phone app.
    7. Hard Reset (to be safe).
    8. Restore Treo.
    Okay, u say u can't download the file from RapidShare?
    Just call me Berd.
    Don't go to Bed Yet.
    I won't sleep knowing ur not completly up and running.
    Check your "Private Message"
    Just call me Berd.
  12.    #32  
    Replied. Check PM. Not to worry....i won't be sleeping yet. I'm still working in the office.
    As far as instructs step 3.
    your going to unzip James LAP rom I sent u. If u alredy have a PALM folder on ur SD card, rename it. And then put The Palm folder that u unzipped in the Root dir of card. Plug treo to power, insert card, and away it should go.
    Just call me Berd.
    I am not getting irritated w/ helping. But after such a long delay in response, I figured u went to Bed. It is 1:00 am here, so if u could just keep me posted, I hope to see u thru this.
    Just call me Berd.
    Good Night
    Hope to see good news posted here 2marro.
    Just call me Berd.
  16.    #36  
    Alright. I got the files you send to my email....Thanx

Did the SD Card updater and it worked the way it's suppose to.....Thanx

Used the official LAP Updater from Palm to update my Treo650 and downloaded the original ROM for safe keeping

Custome that ROM to the max including the removal of Blazer and added

1. ZLauncher
    2. Uninstall Manager
    3. Card Keeper
    4. Butler
    5. Resco Back Up
    6. Resco Explorer
    7. FileZ

then uploaded to ROM. Did a restore and all is working fine

Current ROM size :6,664,784
    Wasted Space: 1,749,424

Very big thank you to berdinkerdickle for the time