Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Another trip is ahead of me next week. I have a 512MB SD card, which is still 80% empty, even though everyone suggested I get a 1GB card.

What do you guys put on your Treo's? I want to maybe take some music? What's the best app for that? And will the headset they give out on planes work to listen to music?

Also, videos or entire movies maybe? Games? I can't seem to come even close to fill this baby up.

Thanks everyone!!!
    Great thread. I'm going to a spa for a week(won it in a contest, $4,000 value). I will be checking this thread frequently...
    Pocket Express is a decent all around road app.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I like to keep KMaps on my phone when I am traveling. It and DA Assistant complement each other when your trying to find something, or trying to get "un-lost".
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I loaded up my 2 GB card with movies and some games. Helped being locked in the car with my family for 5 hours each way much more pallatable than before.

EDIT: Oh, and I used TCPMP to play the movies (also plays MP3s, and it's free). Each movie came out to around 250 megs after resizing them to 320x180 and compressing them to DiVX.
    A backup on a SD card, or even on two cards (one not in the Treo). I wouldn't leave home without it...
    Psion Organiser II > Apple Newton > Palm III > Palm V > Tungsten T > Tungsten T3 > Treo 650
    Yeah, NVBackup is a wonderful free backup program.

Also, TCPMP will play movies and it is free. Check the knowledge base at mytreo.net to find out how to convert your DVD movies into Treo movies.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I like Directory Assistance (looks up phone numbers) and FlightStatus (looks up my planes arrival departure status)
    - Jeeman
    flight status andrewsoft.net an absolute must for everyone who travels or picks people up at the airport.
    Maps and POIs for the trip area (for Tomtom). Music but less of that now that I can stream audio (I use PTunes deluxe). Also take an audio adapter so I can listen in the rental car. Flight Status, KMaps & DA but those are normally loaded anyway. Usually at least one eBook that I can read in the airport, etc. PDF copies of any important travel documents.
    I carry a 4gb sd card. PDF copys of travel docs. whatever tv shows I have tivoed (is that a wors yet?) podcasts via quicknews, Kmaps, DA.and internet news radio via PTunes
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Consider PalmVNC or MobileTS so you can remotely access and control your home PC. That way if you forget something then you can send it in an email or set it up for the next wireless sync.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    I want to maybe take some music? What's the best app for that?
    an iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    And will the headset they give out on planes work to listen to music?
    They are usually a standard 1/8" plug that will work with the headset adapter.
    VisorDeluxe -> VisorPhone -> Treo180g -> Treo270 -> Treo600 -> Treo650 [GSM T-Mo]
  16.    #16  
    Thanks to everyone who responded. Awesome. You guys are great! This darn headset adapter I don't have. That sucks. Where do I get it? I am a reseller for IBM, Cisco and I also sell high-end cellphones, so I have EVERY accessory there is, except that one, of course. Oh well...
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    either order it online (@treocentral) or get one from radio shack (you may need to trim the end a bit to get the RS one to fit well).
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    I like to keep KMaps on my phone when I am traveling. It and DA Assistant complement each other when your trying to find something, or trying to get "un-lost".
    That's true...they do work well together.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I carry a 4gb sd card. PDF copys of travel docs. whatever tv shows I have tivoed (is that a wors yet?) podcasts via quicknews, Kmaps, DA.and internet news radio via PTunes
    I don't think there is an 'e' in "Tivo'd."
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    plucker with any books by cory doctorow

They're all free at craphound.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast