1.    #1  
    My Ptunes version is 2.3.2 Basic, the one that comes with Treo 600 free. Do I need to upgrade to a newer version to play this? I purchased this file and downloaded it from a music website. They said I can only make 3 copies onto any mobile device and can burn only 3 times onto a CD. I tried to convert it into mp3 with Cooledit Pro but it cannot be edited beacuse of the protection. The license of the song is saved in \my documents\my music\license backup.

Also is there a way to convert it to mp3 so I can use other mp3 machines to listen to it.
    Upgrade your PTunes. Your version is at least two years old. I know the latest version of PTunes Deluxw will play wmv's. Check their website to see what will work for you.

http://www.normsoft.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky3333
    Also is there a way to convert it to mp3 so I can use other mp3 machines to listen to it.
    There is but it's purposely convoluted by the companies. Burn it to a CD, then upload the song from the CD onto your computer. Then you'll be able to convert, share, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Upgrade your PTunes. Your version is at least two years old. I know the latest version of PTunes Deluxw will play wmv's. Check their website to see what will work for you.

http://www.normsoft.com

How about *.wma protected? I tried using Ptunes to sync to the Treo 650 card from Windows Media player, nothing seemed to work right. It kept saying that it copied the file--but the file never appeared. I manually copied it--and it wouldn't play it.

I have 3.15 deluxe.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky3333
    My Ptunes version is 2.3.2 Basic, the one that comes with Treo 600 free. Do I need to upgrade to a newer version to play this? I purchased this file and downloaded it from a music website. They said I can only make 3 copies onto any mobile device and can burn only 3 times onto a CD. I tried to convert it into mp3 with Cooledit Pro but it cannot be edited beacuse of the protection. The license of the song is saved in \my documents\my music\license backup.

Recently I was disappointed as u are but it resulted in searching for special soft for this case on the web. Soon I tried SoundTaxi and liked it) - really fast and results in a good sound quality =)