1.    #1  
    I wonder if it's possible to use mobivoip on other voip networks. I guess it uses SIP as a voip setup protocol. I am already using SIP services of voip operator. So I wonder if Mobivoip could be configured to be used on this service.
    Now or some time in future ?
    They're working on it apparently...

http://mantragroup.com/forums/showth...?p=993#post993

We are currently partnering with a company which allows access to other VoIP providers like Google Talk, FWD, SIPPhone etc. etc.

More information will be provided once it materializes.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    that's not what I really want.
    I want to be able to connect to another sip server. At the moment it seems to connect to iptel's sip proxy. I see it on network traces on my PC.
    It really uses SIP btw which is great !

But If I can't use my own SIP account with Mobivoip then it's not useful for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    that's not what I really want.
    I want to be able to connect to another sip server. At the moment it seems to connect to iptel's sip proxy. I see it on network traces on my PC.
    It really uses SIP btw which is great !

But If I can't use my own SIP account with Mobivoip then it's not useful for me.

Not sure I understand. So you want to connect to your own SIP server and bypass MobiVoIP?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    yes. I want to connect to my SIP server. Actually I want to use mobivoip as a software only not as a service.
    If they'd sell it as software I would gladly purchase.
    Just discovred this program via Google News Alerts from a "Treo" search term. Looks interesting:
    http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/103/C7962/

Though on further inspection, it's like the chicken and the egg thing. Would need a Wireless carier to use the program, which makes the program more of a cool add-on feature as opposed to a standalone telco program.

Look forward to more entrants into this market. (C'mon, Skype!)