Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    EVERY time I lose my phone service signal (in an elevator, basement of a building, etc), my phone (650 Sprint) resets. Any thoughts?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    EVERY time I lose my phone service signal (in an elevator, basement of a building, etc), my phone (650 Sprint) resets. Any thoughts?
    Do you have thrid party software that might be trying to access the network in the background?
    do you use Warden (security)?
  4.    #4  
    No, I don't use Warden. I have no programs installed that can access the network without my OK.
    Last edited by Tazzo; 05/20/2006 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Clarification
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    No, I don't use Warden. I have no programs installed that can access the network without my OK.
    Do me a favor and do a hard reset, be sure back up info first. Try it that way for day and see if it resets. If it doesn't then you have an app problem. If it does then you have a hardware problem. Then you will know where to start.
    I have the same issue. Roaming?

What network? Mine's sprint.
  7.    #7  
    My crash does not occur while roaming - only when I lose the phone signal
    I have the same problem, lost signal = reset.
    My phone was a Cingular and is now unlocked. According to Palm this is the reason for the resets. The phone was not set up for T-mobile, my current carrier. Once the previous owner unlocked it, the warranty became void.
    Thus, I'm screwed.
    What does everyone's crashlog say?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijou
    I have the same problem, lost signal = reset.
    My phone was a Cingular and is now unlocked. According to Palm this is the reason for the resets. The phone was not set up for T-mobile, my current carrier. Once the previous owner unlocked it, the warranty became void.
    Thus, I'm screwed.
    It is a CDMA phone. So that excuse from Palm doesn't apply to me.
    Ha! I know that by heart! Might get it as a tattoo
    My crash log says reset caused by running phone
    ..ATCmds/SeriallO.c. line 609, CcdataSendreturned error = 0x0001(FW crash?)
    Does the phone crash if you are disconnected from the data network when you lose the signal?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Ha! I know that by heart! Might get it as a tattoo
    My crash log says reset caused by running phone
    To me, it looks like something is trying access the network.
    The frustrating thing is that I can't imagine what could be trying to access the network, because I have dumped all my apps, done a zero out reset and only added my calendar, contacts and a few ringtones.
    Thus, I'm screwed.
    This is unbelievable... as thousands of users (including me) are using
    an unlocked phone (esp. the Cingular version) without this happening.

Don't know about the "warranty" but you could always trivially re-lock
    the phone.
    One of the more knowledgable among us in these forums has
    posted somewhere that the "phone" part of the Treo and the
    PalmOS communicate with each other via AT commands...

Could be a hardware related error? Reinstall the latest FW update?
    Game over!
    GreenHex,
    I can't believe Palm doesn't back their product regardless of subsidy lock or not.
    As far as the update, I had considered doing just that. Should I just reinstall over what I have now, or zero out again first? Currently have 1b.17CNB
    As far as the update, I had considered doing just that. Should I just reinstall over what I have now, or zero out again first? Currently have 1b.17CNB
    Just reinstall the latest update... it wipes out everything anyway. (back-up
    all your data first) At the least it would do no harm, considering the current
    problem that you have.

In any case, I don't think the updater does anything to the "phone" - only
    the FW and SW (just my guess, maybe the others can clue me in on this.)

Good luck!

- mvk
    Game over!
    Bijou, basically your phone (specific handset) doesn't get along with that firmware version. I've had a number of Treo 650s, and I specifically remember one not getting along with the 1.15/1.31 Cingular firmware. The rest did OK. That one did get the ATCmds/SeriallO.c. line 609, CcdataSendreturned error = 0x0001(FW crash) error the day after installing the 1.15/1.31 firmware when I got into a crappy signal area. It was fine for months before that. The other phones didn't get this crash with this Firmware. Granted, you have the latest firmware - however it seems that your phone doesn't jive with it. Sorry I'm not much help.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    I have had the same problem with my Sprint 650, and appear to have solved it by unchecking the "Date/Time Set by Network"option in Preferences.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast