View Poll Results: Simple Hate or Love. (Again no flaming for someone liking it or hating it)

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love what Palm has done with the 700p. I will get it sooner or later.

105 84.68%
  • I hate what Palm has done with the 700p. Not this time Palm, I am not gonna get it.

19 15.32%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just wanted to know if the majority @ treocentral.com are hating or loving what Palm has done with the 700p. I tried to figure out by just reading few threads and it became kinda difficult. So please vote and also post if you want why you hate it and why you love it. Please bear in mind, do not flame anyone for liking it or hating it
    Thank You
    -Headake
    Last edited by Headake; 05/20/2006 at 02:39 PM.
    <s></s>
    I have a hate love relationship with Palm, i hate what they are doing becuase i know what i want, but i love the devices and they know how to get the most out of me. By doing each upgrade one by one. Slowly we are getting there but its buring a big hole in my pocket.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Nice Poll Idea, I can't say I love or hate.
    Rumors are that cing won't be doing the 700.
    But I will get the next new treo for gsm either way.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    I have a hate love relationship with Palm, i hate what they are doing becuase i know what i want, but i love the devices and they know how to get the most out of me. By doing each upgrade one by one. Slowly we are getting there but its buring a big hole in my pocket.
    I think this is how most people feel. I'm sure most people on this board like the 700p or they wouldn't be here and i could almost guarantee that if the treo was $100, everyone would have it. People would still complain but thats another story.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    I am leaning towards love just for the fact that its something new. Finally!
    I be hatin on it.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Hate is such a strong word. Disapointed a little...yes. More love though...
    at&t iPhone3G
    No middle option?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    No middle option?
    The think that we need an option that says "Love to Hate" -- seems like plenty of people around here just wanna complain about. Let them love to hate it.

Remember...the opposite of Love is NOT Hate. It's actually evoL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    The think that we need an option that says "Love to Hate" -- seems like plenty of people around here just wanna complain about. Let them love to hate it.

Remember...the opposite of Love is NOT Hate. It's actually evoL.
    I got your middle option right here.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Bringing the love baby.
    Can the three people who voted that they hate the treo700p and aren't going to get it explain to me why they are in this 700p specific forum
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Exactly...I can't see why someone would gripe about a device that isn't even released yet with credible reviews or benchmarking to speculate any opinion. I am of course upset about wifi also, but it isn't that important to me.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I dont' understand how anybody can say they're dissappointed... I mean c'mon it's not like these specs were a secret!! They've been known for ages and should not be a suprise to anyone....

Incrementalism the the game here folks. It's not like Palm is the only one that does that. Just look at any other electronics company like Apple etc. They want to milk the upgrade path as much as possible. They will always release slighly incremental upgrades to get the most bang for the buck...that's the way it is...live with it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

Incrementalism the the game here folks. It's not like Palm is the only one that does that. Just look at any other electronics company like Apple etc. They want to milk the upgrade path as much as possible. They will always release slighly incremental upgrades...
    I know i heard that somewhere, but where!?!?! Someone please help me find out where i heard something about that on this forum and i will pay you 100 magical golden coins!

Possibly Dstrauss can shed light on something about Incrementalism??
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    oh...and yea, i agree with gfunk. If you got the perfect treo, why would you ever buy another one?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  17.    #17  
    Thank you guys for your votes and responses, keep it going.
    And like gfunk said we all knew the specs for a long time but we were hoping Palm might add some more or improve some specs.
    <s></s>
    It will be my first Treo so I'm excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Can the three people who voted that they hate the treo700p and aren't going to get it explain to me why they are in this 700p specific forum
    Leave Geatches and Dstrauss alone! they've been here talkin' smack about the P for a long time! They were denying its very existence for months. Now i think they want everyone to stop buying it so that Palm can realize that "we" will not be satisfied with incrementalism. They want Palm to realize that they need to bring us a $200 cdma/gsm/satellite world phone w/wifi, edge, umts, a 2ghz processor, 1 gig of ram, with the same size screen, a better keyboard, a2dp support, no anntena, and a built in death ray PLUS a much slimmer form factor...or we will not be satisfied!
    Palm is making smart business decisions. I've come to live with that fact. The Treo is more centric to me day-to-day than my PC. Which is why my PC is 5 yrs old yet I've bought each new Treo the week it's announced. Until someone else gives us something comparable, I'll be a Treo lover and will upgrade regularly.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast