View Poll Results: Simple Hate or Love. (Again no flaming for someone liking it or hating it)

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love what Palm has done with the 700p. I will get it sooner or later.

    105 84.68%
  • I hate what Palm has done with the 700p. Not this time Palm, I am not gonna get it.

    19 15.32%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 131
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I hate bad polls. Where's the option for that?

    I chose the latter option, even though it isn't true. It states that I hate what Palm has done (which is a bit too extreme, but my feelings are closer towards hate than love), and that I won't be getting it (which is most likely false since I probably will be getting it as soon as it becomes available). But I felt obliged to vote this way because even though I'll most likely be getting the 700p, I'm extremely disappointed with how little they've done in the last 18 months and I'd hate for someone at Palm to come here and see a poll where the vast majority of people voted that they "loved what they've done with the 700p." If we encourage that sort of behavior, just imagine how pathetic the next Treo will be (in 18 months).
    So here's the thing, i absolutely agree with you. The one thing that everyone on this board is missing is that there are two groups of people that now "INFEST" this board. I belong to the group that is just joining the palm world. To me, the 700p is everything that it needs to be and more. Actually, coming from my cell phone which at the moment DOESNT EVEN WORK, its the light at the end of the tunnel.

    Then on the other end is the one's who have been with Palm for a while and have seen their progression, if you can even call that progress (speaking from your point of view ) Looking out of your POV, i can see the small change from the 650 to 700, and to be honest, i don't know if i would pay another $400 to upgrade from the 650 to 700 for a few more features and maybe a smoother running OS(which, even worse, is the SAME OS)

    So in the end, we are all going to have to take this case by case instead of splitting the board into 2, something geatches and the crew does Oh, so well People like me who have to deal with a cell phone that is FAR, Far beyond being even remotely considered crap see the 700p as an incredible phone. You, who have been with these smartphones for some time, have every right to be a little dissapointed.

    So in the end..again...we are BOTH right!

    ......Now i can prepare for the attacks....
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  2. #102  
    Just to add one thing, i'd be willing to bet that almost all, if not every person who voted "I hate what Palm has done with the 700p. Not this time Palm, I am not gonna get it." is not a first time buyer. Am i right? Ofcourse i am....
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  3. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    So here's the thing, i absolutely agree with you. The one thing that everyone on this board is missing is that there are two groups of people that now "INFEST" this board. I belong to the group that is just joining the palm world. To me, the 700p is everything that it needs to be and more. Actually, coming from my cell phone which at the moment DOESNT EVEN WORK, its the light at the end of the tunnel.

    Then on the other end is the one's who have been with Palm for a while and have seen their progression, if you can even call that progress (speaking from your point of view ) Looking out of your POV, i can see the small change from the 650 to 700, and to be honest, i don't know if i would pay another $400 to upgrade from the 650 to 700 for a few more features and maybe a smoother running OS(which, even worse, is the SAME OS)

    So in the end, we are all going to have to take this case by case instead of splitting the board into 2, something geatches and the crew does Oh, so well People like me who have to deal with a cell phone that is FAR, Far beyond being even remotely considered crap see the 700p as an incredible phone. You, who have been with these smartphones for some time, have every right to be a little dissapointed.

    So in the end..again...we are BOTH right!

    ......Now i can prepare for the attacks....
    Ya know, brownie...you're debating yourself there. I'm not sure who won...but maybe we can set you up with your own thread and you can just keep the debate going.
  4. #104  
    Can someone just say that they see my point...preferably someone not in the geatches, haggar hatefest?
    Last edited by justbrown522; 05/22/2006 at 12:07 PM.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Can someone just say that they see my point...preferably someone not in the geatches, haggar hatefest?
    Why do you insist on validation? As long as you think you're right, that's all that matters....

    btw, good job on stating the obvious.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Why do you insist on validation? As long as you think you're right, that's all that matters....
    I just wanted to keep the thread alive, i know i'm right, just wanted everyone to see it


    btw, good job on stating the obvious.
    if this was obvious, there wouldn't be so many pages consisting mainly of arguments between those with 650's and similar devices, and those just starting off with a 700p
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    if this was obvious, there wouldn't be so many pages consisting mainly of arguments between those with 650's and similar devices, and those just starting off with a 700p
    sigh.... you're such the collegian... You're statement was an explanation of why people are arguing. I'm sure most people on the board already understood that. That's not going to stop the arguing. I can tell you why the middle-east is in constant turmoil, as could many people, but its not going to make it a peaceful area. The argument isn't about why the argument exists. Your statement isn't stopping the argument. The fact that an argument exists about the P, doesn't make your statement any less obvious.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I'm extremely disappointed with how little they've done in the last 18 months and I'd hate for someone at Palm to come here and see a poll where the vast majority of people voted that they "loved what they've done with the 700p." If we encourage that sort of behavior, just imagine how pathetic the next Treo will be (in 18 months).
    I guess im directing what i said at Scott R, who is obviously dissapointed in the 700p and most likely is curious as to why so many people voted that they loved it. He, as well as many of you other treopsychos, are angry that the treo has not progressed from the 650 to 700. I've even seen jokes as to keeping everyone from buying the 700 so that Palm can see that they can't have such a meager and diminutive upgrade.

    I was mainly justifying why i voted that i liked the 700p so that maybe some, not all, of you can get some sleep tonight without holding a grudge against the world.

    The hostility in this place rises every day.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I hate bad polls. Where's the option for that?

    I chose the latter option, even though it isn't true. It states that I hate what Palm has done (which is a bit too extreme, but my feelings are closer towards hate than love), and that I won't be getting it (which is most likely false since I probably will be getting it as soon as it becomes available). But I felt obliged to vote this way because even though I'll most likely be getting the 700p, I'm extremely disappointed with how little they've done in the last 18 months and I'd hate for someone at Palm to come here and see a poll where the vast majority of people voted that they "loved what they've done with the 700p." If we encourage that sort of behavior, just imagine how pathetic the next Treo will be (in 18 months).
    For accusing me of being a Palm hater and a MS loyalist you are seemingly not real happy with your beloved Palm today are you?
  10. #110  
    I am ugrading from a Sprint 600 so it is definitely a no-brainer. EV-DO is the killer feature which people don't fully appreciate. I used a 700w and the speed while browsing is absolutely spectacular. Once people actually start using the 700p the value of EV-DO will become evident.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    I am ugrading from a Sprint 600 so it is definitely a no-brainer. EV-DO is the killer feature which people don't fully appreciate. I used a 700w and the speed while browsing is absolutely spectacular. Once people actually start using the 700p the value of EV-DO will become evident.
    I think SOME people are complaining about them living in area's without EV-Do, i believe i may be one, be it temporarily, but wi-fi is thier solution. I believe wi-fi can even pick up on people's home wireless internet. My friend was using his PSP and used our wireless internet(non-secure) to search the internet. I believe the PSP uses Wi-Fi, correct me if im wrong.

    This is, in no way, a deal breaker for me because i will be in a metropolitan area in...89 days
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    I think SOME people are complaining about them living in area's without EV-Do, i believe i may be one, be it temporarily, but wi-fi is thier solution. I believe wi-fi can even pick up on people's home wireless internet. My friend was using his PSP and used our wireless internet(non-secure) to search the internet. I believe the PSP uses Wi-Fi, correct me if im wrong.

    This is, in no way, a deal breaker for me because i will be in a metropolitan area in...89 days
    The psp is wifi capable.
  13. #113  
    Wi-fi may be a bigger deal then i first percieved it to be

    Are all wi-fi enabled devices able to pick up on a home wireless internet signal. If that is the case, does that mean i definitely would have been able to use my 700p in my house, albeit at a slower speed
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  14. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Can someone just say that they see my point...preferably someone not in the geatches, haggar hatefest?
    Just because I think geatches is a whiney little snot of an OT posting gutter ***** (and I mean that in the most affectionate way possible) does not mean I hate him. Why do you need to use such extremely language?

    Look, brownie, you've gotta realize that just because you can state the obvious well does not mean anyone who disagrees with you is gunna sleep better tonight.

    Here...I'm going to give you an anology to help make this make a little more sense for you...

    Let's say, for example, that you were waiting for MONTHS AND MONTHS for a new...um...convergence cellphone to come out. You were dreaming about how great this fictious device was going to be...lots of new features -- way better than what you had now.

    Now lets say, hypothetically, that the manufacturer of this so-called convergence cell phone didn't include 2 or 3 key features that you felt you MUST have. There were 2 or 3 key features that you had seen in many other convergence cellphones that you lusted after and you just (logically) assumed that the manufacturer of your brand of convergence cellphone would probably include those features to keep pace with the rest of this fiction convergence cellphone industry.

    NOW (whew)...lets draw one final totally fictional image in our minds so we can wrap this up... It's an image of a young, strapping college boy. We'll call him, JustBrawn522 to pick a random name. Now...Brawny starts posting on your favorite hangout spot on the net about how he's never had one of these phones before and they are just fabulous. You post a disagreement saying that it is indeed NOT what it should be...that it needs some of the key features stated above.

    Then, in reply to your heartfelt disappointment over the release of what you feel is a sub-standard product the strapping college boy provides a very long, well reasoned, and detailed description of the situation.

    Would that make you feel any better?

    Thought not.
  15. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Wi-fi may be a bigger deal then i first percieved it to be

    Are all wi-fi enabled devices able to pick up on a home wireless internet signal. If that is the case, does that mean i definitely would have been able to use my 700p in my house, albeit at a slower speed
    The reason so many people want Wi-Fi isn't because you can use it at HOME...you can use it at WORK or in thousands of "hot spots" around the country.

    You're starting to catch on! Congrats!

    BTW - W-Fi can connect you to more than just the Internet. It can also connect you to your network (or anyones network) to share resources -- or even to hotsync. Wi-Fi is a very important technology for a large (and growing quickly) part of the market.

    So those who say "boo hoo" about a lack of Wi-Fi are justified. And before you and I started to post in this thread I thought THEY were the annoying ones...now I think its come 360.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    So those who say "boo hoo" about a lack of Wi-Fi are justified. And before you and I started to post in this thread I thought THEY were the annoying ones...now I think its come 360.
    Agreed

    Incredible hypothetical situation. Oddly, it sounds somewhat familiar


    Just because I think geatches is a whiney little snot of an OT posting gutter ***** (and I mean that in the most affectionate way possible) does not mean I hate him. Why do you need to use such extremely language?
    Halarious, to say the least

    In my defense, i did not know that you all knew that you were attacking people who are coming from the non-smart phone world. In essence, doesn't that make you all even more of a heartless SOB?

    You once were lost n00b's just like us entering into the Palm world. Oh, how quickly we forget
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  17. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    You once were lost n00b's just like us entering into the Palm world. Oh, how quickly we forget
    Just to set the record straight. I was never a lost n00b...I was a technology pioneer.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Just to set the record straight. I was never a lost n00b...I was a technology pioneer.
    "Imagination and fiction make up more than three quarters of our real life."
    - Simone Weil
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    "Imagination and fiction make up more than three quarters of our real life."
    - Simone Weil
    "Debating with himself and denying that he is a n00b make up more than three quarters of JB's life."
    - Headake
    <s></s>
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    "Debating with himself and denying that he is a n00b make up more than three quarters of JB's life."
    - Headake
    A "post" & Post Per Day comparison tells me otherwise
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions