View Poll Results: Simple Hate or Love. (Again no flaming for someone liking it or hating it)

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love what Palm has done with the 700p. I will get it sooner or later.

105 84.68%
  • I hate what Palm has done with the 700p. Not this time Palm, I am not gonna get it.

19 15.32%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Leave Geatches and Dstrauss alone! they've been here talkin' smack about the P for a long time! They were denying its very existence for months. Now i think they want everyone to stop buying it so that Palm can realize that "we" will not be satisfied with incrementalism. They want Palm to realize that they need to bring us a $200 cdma/gsm/satellite world phone w/wifi, edge, umts, a 2ghz processor, 1 gig of ram, with the same size screen, a better keyboard, a2dp support, no anntena, and a built in death ray PLUS a much slimmer form factor...or we will not be satisfied!
    y u b hatin?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    y u b hatin?
    I'm not, i'm just teasin'. You guys make this board fun. Consensus gets boring quickly... but was I close on da' specs?
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Can the three people who voted that they hate the treo700p and aren't going to get it explain to me why they are in this 700p specific forum
    Some of us (who no longer live with our parents) have been on this forum for more than a month or two and have bought many Palm products. We see a once great company giving up and putting out a product that could be so much more. We're disappointed with the 700 and let our thoughts known in a forum that we've used for years to debate with others that occasionally change our minds, or confirm our thoughts.

Now go back to watching Sponge Bob or I'll tell you mommy and daddy not to buy you another phone.
    Lovin'

The 700p may not have WiFi, but I would not go as far as to say that Palm is "giving up"
    Can the three people who voted that they hate the treo700p and aren't going to get it explain to me why they are in this 700p specific forum
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Exactly...I can't see why someone would gripe about a device that isn't even released yet with credible reviews or benchmarking to speculate any opinion. I am of course upset about wifi also, but it isn't that important to me.
    Don't blame me, I was simply answering a poll question. Would you rather 100% of the votes to match your preference? I'll ask a similar question, why join a thread that asks for an opinion when you don't want to debate. Usually when someone doesn't want to argue their point of view, it's evidence they lack the courage of their convictions.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Some of us (who no longer live with our parents) have been on this forum for more than a month or two and have bought many Palm products. We see a once great company giving up and putting out a product that could be so much more. We're disappointed with the 700 and let our thoughts known in a forum that we've used for years to debate with others that occasionally change our minds, or confirm our thoughts.

Now go back to watching Sponge Bob or I'll tell you mommy and daddy not to buy you another phone.
    No fair! I'm telling on you!!!
    Some of us (who no longer live with our parents) have been on this forum for more than a month or two and have bought many Palm products. .

y u b hatin' on newbies? I've only been on here a short time, but appreciate the diversity of views. people on here, as in life, are too all or nothing. I, for one, like the 700p, but see why people with 650s aren't all that impressed. i'm not offended by your dislike of the device. your entitled to your opinion. I like to read it, frankly. grumpy-*** geatches...
    y u b hatin' on newbies? I've only been on here a short time, but appreciate the diversity of views. people on here, as in life, are too all or nothing. I, for one, like the 700p, but see why people with 650s aren't all that impressed. i'm not offended by your dislike of the device. your entitled to your opinion. I like to read it, frankly. grumpy-*** geatches...
    Not noobs, just kids. See the following ignorance...
    No offense to you Lou, I guess I am a bit grumpy today.
    I feel ya'. I always dislike the "get outta here, disagreer!" mentality.Comical, yet intelligent posts by you, gharrod, dstrauss, perry, insertion, etc., etc., are what drew me to this forum in the first place. It would be a shame for some of you guys to stop posting just because you hate the device. My original response started out as a defense of you haters (lol) but I couldn't resist the chance to poke fun.

grumpy just today?.. ...lol.
    I feel ya'. I always dislike the "get outta here, disagreer!" mentality.Comical, yet intelligent posts by you, gharrod, dstrauss, perry, insertion, etc., etc., are what drew me to this forum in the first place. It would be a shame for some of you guys to stop posting just because you hate the device. My original response started out as a defense of you haters (lol) but I couldn't resist the chance to poke fun.

grumpy just today?.. ...lol.
    I won't leave this forum out of spite! I guess that means grumpy more than today. Anyone seen my Prosac?
    The 700p is the greatest device ever in the history of mankind!!!! It makes your p3n15 grow 4 more inches! Chicks will fall all over you (or guys if thats your pref...!!) Not only that, they will gladly share you with others!! It'll grow hair on your head, and remove it from your ears!!! It'll make every red light turn green as you approach an intersection!!!! Your boss will promote you, in fact, he'll just step down and give YOU the keys to the business!!! Bill Gates will ask YOU for a loan!!!

Yes, the 700p is the most fanfriggentastic thing ever to be created in all of creation. EVER!!!!!OnE!!11eleven!!!

So says the fanboys.

Do not dare disagreee...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12.    #32  

They don't have to come and explain why they are here in 700p forum but I would like them to explain why they hate what Palm has done.

Honestly I like having people who disagree with the idea that 700p is not a major
    improvement. At first I was thinking wifi is not a big thing if you have EVDO, but they are the ones who made me realize it is infact a much needed feature.
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It makes your p3n15 grow 4 more inches! Chicks will fall all over you (or guys if thats your pref...!!) Not only that, they will gladly share you with others!!
    4 more?!?!.... its already difficult enough to buy pants that fit.... already have to fight the ladies off w/a stick.... sounds like i don't need it the p. munk, you rock. You just saved me 400 bucks.
    4 more?!?!.... its already difficult enough to buy pants that fit.... already have to fight the ladies off w/a stick.... sounds like i don't need it the p. munk, you rock. You just saved me 400 bucks.
    That's what I'm here for...a voice of reason in the 700p cacophony.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    hehe..hehe...he said cac...ophony...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's what I'm here for...a voice of reason in the 700p cacophony.
    Leave it to Munk the Mod to make a clear and concise statement the everyone can agree with.
    Leave it to Munk the Mod to make a clear and concise statement the everyone can agree with.
    Thank you for your support.

Paid for by Munk '06

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I'm hoping to see a GSM version in the fall....
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dessa
    I'm hoping to see a GSM version in the fall....
    How can one possibly post this immediately after the great munk pleas for his life? You cruel, heartless, and obviously oblivious p-body!!
    Not noobs, just kids. See the following ignorance...

No offense to you Lou, I guess I am a bit grumpy today.
    I'm wondering if that was directed towards me. I do like to stir up the pot so LETS DO THIS....sponge bob don't come on for another half an hour
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast