1.    #1  
    I like Datemate but have one issue... the birthday or anniversary information doesn't show up in the contact view of that contact. So even though you can link the b-day to a contact entry in your database, when you actually go to view the contact information for that person, it shows you nothing about those dates. The rest I love.

Happydays I like because it does show you the information on the contact entry view. What I don't like is that you cannot specify who's b-day it is on the contact info screen. So you could have 3 or 4 entries but not know who's b-day entry belongs to which family member for that contact entry.

Is there a best of both worlds? Also, any chance that at some point Agendus would support multiple b-day entries for one contact?

PJStyles
    With HappyDays you can specify whose (who's??) birthday is... er...

Ok, let's try this again without butchering the English language...

Example, under the Birthday (formerly Custom 1) line:
    * Joe 11/13/1956
    * Sally 4/25/1960
    * Lisa 8/3/1985

There you go. (Warning, names and dates have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent )

To make an anniversary do (have to do this from memory since I'm doing this on me Treo so don't quote me on this one):
    *Event Wedding 6/21/1882
    or something like that...
  3.    #3  
    Awesome!!! Thanks....

PJStyles
    Since this thread is the most recent reference to DateMate I can find, I'd like to add on a secondary question: Does anyone know if DateMate functions on the Treo 700p? I know the underlying OS is supposedly the same between the 650 and 700p, but I also get the impression elsewhere that some contact-related databases may have changed.

While it took MobiMate a while to update DateMate for the 650, once they did, I've been quite happy with it. Straightforward and works. Don't understand the love of Zodiac information and icons, but... as long as it helps me track my birthdays, anniversaries, and other such events, I don't mind.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    Since this thread is the most recent reference to DateMate I can find, I'd like to add on a secondary question: Does anyone know if DateMate functions on the Treo 700p? I know the underlying OS is supposedly the same between the 650 and 700p, but I also get the impression elsewhere that some contact-related databases may have changed.

While it took MobiMate a while to update DateMate for the 650, once they did, I've been quite happy with it. Straightforward and works. Don't understand the love of Zodiac information and icons, but... as long as it helps me track my birthdays, anniversaries, and other such events, I don't mind.
    Works just fine. I'm using it currently.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I've been using HappyDays for several years. I tried DateMate last week having last tried it over 2 years ago. I got an instant reset as soon as I tried to launch it... maybe I'll try it again...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    There you go. (Warning, names and dates have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent )
    I woulda said "protect the egos of the ole bastar....."
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    Works just fine. I'm using it currently.
    Thanks, Akula. I also asked MobiMate, and their response was, "Our latest DateMate for Palm is compatible with Treo 700p." I'll be glad to have that tool back in my arsenal. I track birthdays of people I don't even like anymore!
    Greetings,

I use datemate and what I do is in the contacts database in the note field do things like this
    *Birthdate 06/10/69
    *Wedding 07/04

Then tell datemate to import from contacts.