1.    #1  
    I plan on purchasing a new 700p on it's date of availability. I am a current Nextel customer but I will be switching to Sprint just to get the 700p. It will be my first Treo ever. I'm quite excited.

I was wondering if you all have any advice as the best method of purchase for the phone on the date of release. Do you recommend going in the store, purchasing online or over the phone? I want to get the best plan available for the phone and I have read more than a few threads about the "SERO" plans. I would imagine it would be easier to score such a plan over the phone or online rather than going in and asking a clueless store rep. Your thoughts?
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Over the phone is your best option, particularly if you have been a longtime Nextel subscriber, in which case, you should contact Retentions (with the threat of cancellation) and see what they offer you or what you can negotiate with them. Most of the stories I've seen have been of longtime Sprint customers, but I'm guessing longtime Nextel customers should have similar success.
    Over the phone, that way you can bargin to geta better deal.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your thoughts. I hope on the day of release there's a thread for newbies on how to turn the dam thing on. Thanks again!
    Going to be my first Treo also. I've been waiting since end of last year for the 700p to get released. I didn't want to waste my discounts on a 650 only to have a 700 come out a week later. I'm going to try to order mine over the phone too and see what kind of deal I can swing on it.
    My suggestion is buy in an "all carriers" brick and mortar. Advantages I got were:

1. Instructions on Account "finagling" to make me a new customer eligible for full rebates.
    2. Better pricing....I paid $325 when best on line price I saw was $399.
    3. Picked my number from list of hundreds
    4. Bagful of accessories.
    5. One year contract instead of 2
    6. Got to play with different carrier models before purchasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    My suggestion is buy in an "all carriers" brick and mortar. Advantages I got were:

1. Instructions on Account "finagling" to make me a new customer eligible for full rebates.
    2. Better pricing....I paid $325 when best on line price I saw was $399.
    3. Picked my number from list of hundreds
    4. Bagful of accessories.
    5. One year contract instead of 2
    6. Got to play with different carrier models before purchasing.
    What do you mean and how does it work? Thanks.