Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why can't I preorder this bad larry yet?
    1 | 2
    Do many people actually pre-order the treo. I am used to doing that for other things but i never thought of that for a cell phone/pda.

Would it be smarter for me to pre-order to avoid dissapointment on the 28th/29th
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Supposedly I am on a "list" with someone at telesales. It was 4 people long yesterday. I'm gonna assume that the list is real only if these guys get some sort of commission. Still attacking from all angles...must have my 700p.
    Well all signs point to a launch tomorrow!
    I just have a contact who will call and give me the first one out of his store as he did for my wife's A900 BLADE.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    Doubtful. With all the Sprint employees that frequent this place, word would have leaked about the UPS deliveries of shiny new 700P's.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Doubtful. With all the Sprint employees that frequent this place, word would have leaked about the UPS deliveries of shiny new 700P's.
    Usually stores don't get the phones until after a launch. Telesales typically will have the phones available to first, then the store i used to work for would get the new launch phone in about a week later. In no way am i saying they will have the 700p tomorrow, just saying how it usually worked and i only left in feb of this year.
    LOL I guess noone is going to wait for user reviews
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    LOL I guess noone is going to wait for user reviews
    user reiviews? nonsense
    1 | 2
    Have you ever read the user reviews of a "hot" item?(Rhetorical question) You'll get ratings from 1-10 and you think that everyones talking about a different product. I'm sure on this forum alone, the 700p will be "the worst phone ever", "uninspiring", "palm has given up on us", "GREATEST PHONE EVER!", "THANK GOD for the 700p", "i've waited all my life for this phone"

Ofcourse, don't forget about the 15 new threads about why "johndoe123" is never buying another treo
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    ...just look back to the Treo 650 launch a year-and-a-half ago, and (other than removing the references to having 60% less internal memory) the comments should be fairly repetitious.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantAtreo700p
    Supposedly I am on a "list" with someone at telesales. It was 4 people long yesterday. I'm gonna assume that the list is real only if these guys get some sort of commission. Still attacking from all angles...must have my 700p.

I called Telesales on the morning of the announcement and he said I was number 3 on his list but he would call me first since I did not mind being called at 5:30 in the Morning. We will just have to wait and see. I was number 3 on his list at 8:30 CST. Hopefully it comes thru.
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    Where did you get your information for the launch tomorrow? I will proably call and order it then if that is the case. I am really anxious!!!!!!!!!!!

Take me out of the PPR

Jerry G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I just have a contact who will call and give me the first one out of his store as he did for my wife's A900 BLADE.

I have my bases covered as I also contacted a friend at the local store. What I have seen in the past they do not get them before telesales!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    ...just look back to the Treo 650 launch a year-and-a-half ago, and (other than removing the references to having 60% less internal memory) the comments should be fairly repetitious.

You have spoken a lot of truth. Let's hope that they have been beta testing the phone and that it will work better than the 650 when it was released!
    I posted this in another thread, but at CompUSA today we got a SKU put in our computer finally for the Treo 700P for Sprint. $599 retail before any activation rebates. I looked in our other system and no stores have them on order yet, but I imagine the first batch is coming directly from Palm, not our normal crossdocks. I will update when I find any stores in the country with orders.
    I think Merlyn3d mentioned this before, but fry's already has the sticker for the 700p out in their Sprint section. Its listed at $500 after a $150 rebate w/a 2 year contract. of course, when I went yesterday, no salesperson was anywhere to be found, so I couldn't ask any questions about it.
    That is giving the shaft, it is $599 before any rebates and $399 after a $200 rebate with a new 2 year activation
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintUser04
    That is giving the shaft, it is $599 before any rebates and $399 after a $200 rebate with a new 2 year activation

I'm so glad it isn't going to be 649.99
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    I'm so glad it isn't going to be 649.99
    Isn't it safe to say that it IS going to be $649.99?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=114614
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast