Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Let's just say your both right

Just Kidding, ofcourse!
    Just, I think I figured out why you are going to Pittsburgh. It is he name of a city and school so you can fool the parents for probably 2 years.
    Let's just say your both right

Just Kidding, ofcourse!
    and in that case, i take that statement back. I apologize for implying that more than one person is right when gharrod clearly is. Sorry to take the claim of this thread being directed towards you & others away from you.

just messin with you, ofcourse
    Last edited by justbrown522; 05/21/2006 at 06:51 PM.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Whoever said that you people don't understand business was right on target. I work for a hardware manufacturer and I can assure you that we implement what the MAJORITY of our customers want. In my office, 11 people have Treos. I am one of maybe two or three that do anything besides get email and maybe stock prices or sports scores on it. These people couldn't give a rat's *** about WiFi on their Treo. Even the guy who bought that WM unit (8521?) doesn't use the WiFi at all - and we have WiFi throughout the office.

Like it or not, I suspect that the number of people who want WiFi pales in comparison to the needs and wants of the consumer masses who have bought Treos. I tend to see Treos the most at the airport - leading me to believe that a large percentage of Treo owners are road warriors - and we don't depend on WiFi since it's still largely pay for play.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Like it or not, I suspect that the number of people who want WiFi pales in comparison to the needs and wants of the consumer masses who have bought Treos.
    Is that why WiFi is offered on nearly every other "high end" smartphone on the market? I base my thoughts on the number of people on this site and others who clamor for WiFi, many of whom are road warriors, not a small sampling at one office.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Whoever said that you people don't understand business was right on target.
    Thank you for your expert analysis. I guess we can all go home now...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    technically speaking, if wi-fi wasn't important, palm wouldn't offer the add-on for the 700w. True?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Is that why WiFi is offered on nearly every other "high end" smartphone on the market? I base my thoughts on the number of people on this site and others who clamor for WiFi, many of whom are road warriors, not a small sampling at one office.
    Road warriors in the boonies with no service...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Road warriors in the boonies with no service...
    lool

I can't imagine what the argument is anymore. Palm either seriously can't put wi-fi in the 700p because of frequency issues or whatever it may be, or they made a deal with sprint/verizon to withhold it because these carriers invested billions in ev-do. Either way, the choice is yours as to what device to get, unless ofcourse if you want wi-fi in the 700p and hate the Windows OS. Perhaps a simple patch in the future will calm everyone. Spread peace for tomorrow is my birthday!

Come to think of it, everyone still wouldn't be happy with a GSM wi-fi 400gb treo.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    lool

I can't imagine what the argument is anymore. Palm either seriously can't put wi-fi in the 700p because of frequency issues or whatever it may be, or they made a deal with sprint/verizon to withhold it because these carriers invested billions in ev-do. Either way, the choice is yours as to what device to get, unless ofcourse if you want wi-fi in the 700p and hate the Windows OS. Perhaps a simple patch in the future will calm everyone. Spread peace for tomorrow is my birthday!

Come to think of it, everyone still wouldn't be happy with a GSM wi-fi 400gb treo.
    You can stick your peace right up gharrod's tailpipe (the Mustang of course...no brokeback moment implied) and smoke it together at school some day.

The fact is...some of us use Wi-Fi some don't. Those who do, will complain that wi-fi is included...those that don't, won't.
    My dissappointment is in the possibility of Palm sales dropping due to customers wanting more and not having the funds to progress forward. Palm is capable of releasing some really innovative stuff (ie. Treo 600 was a huge step forward a few years back). They've got this great niche market of customers who want simplicity, great form factor, and something that just plain works. I would love to see what Palm has coming next but they can't keep disappointing people with small steps that you have to drop a lot of $$ for. I understand a lot of people don't care about WiFi, but I use it a ton on my 8125 - it is amazing how much more you can get done with it. To have that option would be great seeing how it takes nothing to put it in a handheld. It wouldn't take away from the simplicity or the form factor - it would just give you the option if you choose to use it. Maybe another small thing would have been an SD slot that accepts more than 2 GB. The option is there if you choose to use it. The point is, they could have done much better with small details that would reach out further than just their target market if there were other options on it.
    lool

Palm can't make everybody happy. I wish you a 700p for your birthday.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    You can stick your peace right up gharrod's tailpipe (the Mustang of course...no brokeback moment implied) and smoke it together at school some day.

Sounds like someone needs a nice long nap

I would love to see what Palm has coming next but they can't keep disappointing people with small steps that you have to drop a lot of $$ for.
    Ever heard the saying if it ain't broke, why fix it? The fact of the matter is that palm is selling these treo's like crazy; just look at the number of members on this board alone! The sooner we accept this fact, the sooner we will all be happy and some of you cranky people will stop running people outta here

Palm can't make everybody happy. I wish you a 700p for your birthday.
    Thanks, i'm sure we all wish that for tomorrow
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

The fact is...some of us use Wi-Fi some don't. Those who do, will complain that wi-fi is included...those that don't, won't.
    Whoops. I almost forgot --

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y
    YOU FRIGGIN PEACENIK

Hey you little punk - have a good birthday.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I thought concensus was when someone had ESP-like powers...

For example "She concensus before we walk in the door"...
    Yeah...go get yourself laid.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I thought concensus was when someone had ESP-like powers...

For example "She concensus before we walk in the door"...
    & i thought you had a grasp on the english language....kidding, thanks for the Happy B-day though
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010

Ever heard the saying if it ain't broke, why fix it? The fact of the matter is that palm is selling these treo's like crazy; just look at the number of members on this board alone! The sooner we accept this fact, the sooner we will all be happy and some of you cranky people will stop running people outta here
    Yup, that's a great quote. I never said anything was broke. It would be a pretty poor business plan to decide to live with what they have and not try to move forward in some way - especially in the field of high end smartphones. There are quite a few members on this board - it's a shame I see a huge number of them disappointed with Palm recently. I'm not cranky - I'm just like every other consumer of electronics and I always see what can be done better - and always want more.
    the same people that are complaining about the 700p are the same ones that are going to go buy it anyway, palm is not puttin a gun in nobodys head to buy these things, so no need to complain there are tons of other smartphones and carriers out there to fit all types of needs so its your choice, thats why people have so many so people wont complain, me in the other hand i love the new upgrades and i will be in the bandwagon to buy first, went from a palm iiic -treo300-treo600-treo650 i love every upgrade they have made, if im not happy then i wont buy.but i will cuz im a gadget geek
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    the same people that are complaining about the 700p are the same ones that are going to go buy it anyway, palm is not puttin a gun in nobodys head to buy these things, so no need to complain there are tons of other smartphones and carriers out there to fit all types of needs so its your choice, thats why people have so many so people wont complain, me in the other hand i love the new upgrades and i will be in the bandwagon to buy first, went from a palm iiic -treo300-treo600-treo650 i love every upgrade they have made, if im not happy then i wont buy.but i will cuz im a gadget geek
    Alex, I'll take capitalization, punctuation and grammar for 800.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast