Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there is a program for Palm that has a database of airplane ID numbers? It seems I am picking up friends and family more often at the airport and it would be fun to be able to plug the tail number of planes on the tarmac into a database and find out who owns the plane.

Thanks.
    Your more than normal interest in airplane ID numbers and their owners....
    try the faa website. I used it to track corporate aircraft. The above tail bumber belongs to Prudential Securities.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Hey, Cool. Attached is a Genius bookmark for it. This will be fun.

Genius -> http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/genius-more.php
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by robbalazs; 05/22/2006 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    Does anyone know if there is a program for Palm that has a database of airplane ID numbers? It seems I am picking up friends and family more often at the airport and it would be fun to be able to plug the tail number of planes on the tarmac into a database and find out who owns the plane.

Thanks.
    Doesn't the enormous logo on the plane tip you off as to who the owner is?

Have you checked into FlightStatus, if you're interested in the arrival/departure times of the airplanes the people are on that you're picking up/dropping off?

http://www.andrewsoft.net/
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Doesn't the enormous logo on the plane tip you off as to who the owner is?

Have you checked into FlightStatus, if you're interested in the arrival/departure times of the airplanes the people are on that you're picking up/dropping off?

http://www.andrewsoft.net/

I'll check on the above websites. scottymomo, I'm only interested in the private jets (normally only has a tail number for identification) that fly in an out of my area. Not interested in commercial flights.

Thanks.
    The website listed above is pretty lightweight, and loads quickly. The Genius plug in allows you to just launch Genius, type in the N-Number and mash the search button, and presto, all the data is there in the web browser. Darn close to "as good as" an appllication dedicated to it.

Now, anybody know of a good site for looking up those HAZMAT (DOT) numbers in the little red diamonds on tanker trucks? That would amuse my son in the car... "Look, Dad, that one's full of acetaldehyde diethyl"...
    Handyshopper is a db program that ahs been used for everythingf rom grocery shopping to movie colelctions to GF's to ...I guess now "tail numbers"