Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    OUTSTANDING! The Treo 700P arrived today in CompUSA's inventory system, I just pulled it up at work and saw it in there this morning. $599.99 Retail Price, I don't think I can disclose our cost, but any fellow employees can find it in IMS under SKU 339975. Hopefully it will be posted to our website soon so everybody can search it!
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintUser04
    OUTSTANDING! The Treo 700P arrived today in CompUSA's inventory system, I just pulled it up at work and saw it in there this morning. $599.99 Retail Price, I don't think I can disclose our cost, but any fellow employees can find it in IMS under SKU 339975. Hopefully it will be posted to our website soon so everybody can search it!
    Since it's in the "inventory" system, can you browse through that sytem and find out which stores have inventory yet? Then point us in the direction of a CompUSA that has an inventory of pre-release 700p's.....
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    No, he paid about a $1000 if I remember correctly, and wasn't compensated when he gave it back to Palm. Seeing as he paid that much, $6.49 should be too much at this point.
    Wow! Hopefully they at least used some AstroGlide. Chumpzilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Careful now about Wynona...
    or she'll beat you up.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    LP-Trel -- I think back in the 70's I did a lot of business with your cousin K-Tel. Boy K-Tel sure sold me a bunch of records -- compellations from Kool and the Gang and much more.

I miss K-Tel.[/i]
    I'm a Ronco guy myself, partial to the Pocket Fisherman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman!
    By that time the cycle should be ready to begin again...

--
    Mike
    Never make an important decision in the middle of your cycle.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I'm a Ronco guy myself, partial to the Pocket Fisherman.
    Ever tried to make out to the sounds of a Ronco Pocket Fisherman? No, dude, Kool and the Gang all the way!
    Ever tried to make out to the sounds of a Ronco Pocket Fisherman?
    You didn't grow up in the country, did you?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    599.99 sounds better than 649.99. I hope it stays at 599.99. I work at CompUSA and will check the IMS tomorrow morning.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner
    I just got a 650 29 days ago.....

Hm...
    RadioShack's got a 30 day money back guarantee

Return it Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Return it asap!
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    Since it's in the "inventory" system, can you browse through that sytem and find out which stores have inventory yet? Then point us in the direction of a CompUSA that has an inventory of pre-release 700p's.....

Isn't that weird, ya I checked today, no stores have any stock yet, none of the crossdocks have them on order either which makes me wonder if they are shipping directly from Palm (like what happened for the first shipments of the Treo 650, all Apple products, etc.) so believe me I will keep looking and I can keep you updated on here which stores have orders for them.
    I'm curious...generally speaking how impatient is everyone for new technology? I tend to be an early adopter myself and count the seconds like everyone else around here -- but lets face it -- we're all going to pay a premium price to jump to the 700p this summer.

Is there anyone out there who's reasoned enough to wait a couple of months or are all we all (yes, I include me in the "jump early jump often" crowd) going to find any way possible to sell our 650's right away (even for less than we should) and then pay MORE than we should to buy the latest and greatest?
    I've been following all the hoopla about the 700p for months now. What a trip!

I switched from two Kyocera 7135's on Verizon to two Treo 650's on Sprint for my wife and I back in August 2005. They've been working great!

I'd love to get two Treo 700p's for us, but I -- for one -- am going to wait several months until all the dust settles.

For one thing, I'll bet the price comes down a lot within 2-3 months after it finally becomes available.

Next, I'm glad I waited on the Treo 650 purchase as long as I did, noting all the bugs that existed on and fixes that were required for the initial version that was rolled out. I -- again, for one -- do NOT like being a BETA TESTER for a company like Palm that SHOULD do it's own testing first!

In addition, by waiting a few months, who knows, maybe some competition will come out with all the features of the 8125 and 6700 but with a Qwerty keyboard and hi-res touch-screen display on front like the Treos have?

That way, I wouldn't have to reward Palm for its lack-luster attempt with the 700p. Of course, if the prices comes down quick, the bugs/fixes aren't too many, and the competition doesn't rise to the occasion, well then, the Treo 700p may just make a nice birthday present for me in October or a Christmas present in December.

JM2CYMMV
    Perry,
    You look awfully young to have a techno-gadget like a TREO.
    What are you thinking the price will be several months after it comes out? It seems right now that the Treo650 is only $299. I doubt the 700p will drop that low any time soon.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    What are you thinking the price will be several months after it comes out? It seems right now that the Treo650 is only $299. I doubt the 700p will drop that low any time soon.
    Sprint's got the 650 at $199 for new customers...

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...PcsPhones.html
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Just got my money back on the 650

Now I have to go treo-less for a week. After having a 300, then a 600, then a 650, this will be tough.

But....while there are some things I'm upset with on the 700p (wifi being the obvious), since it's only going to cost me less than $100 to do the upgrade, it will be very much appreciated.

I must say, after only having a 600 up until a month ago, I'm very happy with the new additions. The screen from the 600 to 650 was a huge improvement. Absolute night and day. I just hope the 700p isn't as buggy as the 650 was when it first came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    or she'll beat you up.
    She lives down the road from me just a little bit. I wouldn't want to tussle with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48
    Perry,
    You look awfully young to have a techno-gadget like a TREO.
    Information Update Mode: ON

Avatar is now 16 and will be taking the 650. I GET the 700P!
    (The avatar represents: THE JOY OF PALM.)

Information Update Mode: OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Information Update Mode: ON

Avatar is now 16 and will be taking the 650. I GET the 700P!
    (The avatar represents: THE JOY OF PALM.)

Information Update Mode: OFF
    Still on the mode thing?
    Sprint, for the love of Perry, release the damn phone!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast