Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I have , 2xTreo 650, and a Dell i9300. All 3 of which use SD. I also have a PPC-6700, it unfortunately uses MiniSD. I lost my old 256MB SD card that I used to use and now I need a new one for the Treo 650 I just got. It came with a 16MB card, but that is honestly not enough to use for anything. I have a 1GB MiniSD for my PPC-6700. It came with an adapter that I leave in my laptop at all times. Basic question. Buy SD or a MiniSD and use an adapter for my Treo? I plan on buying a 1GB card because they are really cheap right now. If I get a MiniSD then all my stuff can use it, with an adapter. Any known issues to using an adapter at all times in a Treo 650? The main problem is that I wanted a SD/USB card, but honestly MiniSD might be a better choice for me. What does everyone else think?

Thanks
    Lonzo
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I have , 2xTreo 650, and a Dell i9300. All 3 of which use SD. I also have a PPC-6700, it unfortunately uses MiniSD. I lost my old 256MB SD card that I used to use and now I need a new one for the Treo 650 I just got. It came with a 16MB card, but that is honestly not enough to use for anything. I have a 1GB MiniSD for my PPC-6700. It came with an adapter that I leave in my laptop at all times. Basic question. Buy SD or a MiniSD and use an adapter for my Treo? I plan on buying a 1GB card because they are really cheap right now. If I get a MiniSD then all my stuff can use it, with an adapter. Any known issues to using an adapter at all times in a Treo 650? The main problem is that I wanted a SD/USB card, but honestly MiniSD might be a better choice for me. What does everyone else think?

Thanks
    Lonzo
    I'm currently in the exact situation you're talking about. I picked up a 6700 in December and used it for a couple of weeks...bought a 1GB Mini-SD card w/adapter and just about threw away the adapter figuring I wouldn't need it...

I decided not to keep the 6700 -- but loved having the 1GB card...and since December have been using it with the adapter in my 650.

I've had no problems with it what-so-ever...SanDisk designed the card and adapter right -- the Mini card never falls out of the adapter...never. I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of concern -- it should work fine!
    I guess I'd get a mini with adapter if the price is similar.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Within $5 for the same brand in the 1GB size. I wouldn't mind having one of those 4GB ones, but crap I just don't know why I need to spend $100.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Within $5 for the same brand in the 1GB size. I wouldn't mind having one of those 4GB ones, but crap I just don't know why I need to spend $100.
    I spent $100 for my 1G in December...so you don't get my pity. :P