1.    #1  
    There are tons of threads about the lack of impressiveness of the hardware upgrades in the expected 700p.

And there seem to be several threads talking about the EVDO data access options, specifically on sprint, for the expected 700p.

I was personally feeling like as a loyal treo owner for many years, even with the lack of great hardware improvements (dbcache size/memory, no wi-fi, etc), the small improvements (EVDO, bluetooth 1.2, etc) would be enough of an annoyance remover to get me to switch.

But now I am seeing a lot of negativity in regards to the plans sprint is going to require for proper/full use of the new treo. the terrible thing is, the fact that sprint has always been so good at data-plan pricing is really the ONLY reason i've ever stayed with them. otherwise, they are only a marginally ok cell phone company.

If I have this right, apparently, to be above board with sprint (not sero, esn-switching, etc), i have to upgrade my vision to powervision (apparently about $5/mo more), *and* upgrade my unlimited text messaging at the same time, since i'm currently locked into the $10/mo version of it, and it's now $15 (so another $5/mo increase).

So, just to get my new treo working, I'm looking at a minimum of $10/mo more money, just to keep things basically the way they are.

Then, you throw in the whole PAM plans (i currently use my laptop through my treo650 occasionally), which I still have yet to see any reference to in any of sprint's online documentation, and apparently i'm looking at another $40-50 increase for that.

So, I do the math, and now all of a sudden the new treo is gonna cost $60 more per month? Ummm... how do I say this? heck no!

It's marginally better hardware, $500-700 upfront cost, and significantly more expensive monthly plans... that is what I waited all this time with baited breath for about the treo? I think not.

Anyone have an opinion on whether the lack of hardware, or the dramatic increase in monthly costs, is the worse harbinger for the new treo?
    I was personally feeling like as a loyal treo owner for many years, even with the lack of great hardware improvements (dbcache size/memory, no wi-fi, etc), the small improvements (EVDO, bluetooth 1.2, etc) would be enough of an annoyance remover to get me to switch.
    I dunno what you're talking about, but the inc in dbcache size is HUGE! Plus 1xEvDo and the software bundle in NO small upgrade...

In regards to PAM, there is a possibility that PDAnet from Junefabrics will release an update to circumvent this anyway...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions