1.    #1  
    I have a gmail account and use outlook at home to download my emails to my hard drive. I want to access (read/send) emails from my treo 650, but I still want them to be available for download (both the emails I've received and the ones I've sent). I've combed the threads and it looks like there's a couple ways to do this.

1. Set versamail to download from gmail and then later sync versamail with outlook.

2. Set up a second gmail account and have my emails forwarded from the first account to the second (so that outlook could still download from the first one). But wouldn't this keep all the emails I've sent from the second gmail account on the second gmail account and thus not download them to outlook?

3. Have my gmail forwarded to a FastMail account and then use chatter to download from FastMail via IMAP. But, again, wouldn't this cause the problem of keeping all the emails I've sent from the FastMail account on the FastMail account and thus not download them to outlook?

I don't get an incredible amount of emails and most of the attachments are microsoft office docs, nothing really huge.

Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdouglas
    I have a gmail account and use outlook at home to download my emails to my hard drive. I want to access (read/send) emails from my treo 650, but I still want them to be available for download (both the emails I've received and the ones I've sent). I've combed the threads and it looks like there's a couple ways to do this.

1. Set versamail to download from gmail and then later sync versamail with outlook.

2. Set up a second gmail account and have my emails forwarded from the first account to the second (so that outlook could still download from the first one). But wouldn't this keep all the emails I've sent from the second gmail account on the second gmail account and thus not download them to outlook?

3. Have my gmail forwarded to a FastMail account and then use chatter to download from FastMail via IMAP. But, again, wouldn't this cause the problem of keeping all the emails I've sent from the FastMail account on the FastMail account and thus not download them to outlook?

I don't get an incredible amount of emails and most of the attachments are microsoft office docs, nothing really huge.

Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much.
    Not quite sure what you want but...

If you want to see all your email (outgoing/incoming) I use Chatter with Fastmail and Gmail.

Set your email up with IMAP, then you can see all your incoming/sent email on the fastmail imap server. I never go back to my gmail account (online) unless I delete a large email off of fastmail.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    sorry if it got a little confusing. I want to be able to see as much of my emails from my treo as I can, but the main thing is I want everything to wind up downloaded from my gmail to outlook on my harddrive.

Confusing enough? I've heard that if Ijust link versamail to gmail, since gmail only allows you to download things once, once versamail downloads it, outlook won't be able to (gmail only lets things be downloaded once?).

Sounds like you're recommending I have my gmail forward to fastmail and then use chatter to access fastmail... The problem that's I'd have is that when outlook downlods all my emails from gmail, the messages I'd sent from fastmail (treo) wouldn't be downloaded. So I'd get only part of my sent emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdouglas
    sorry if it got a little confusing. I want to be able to see as much of my emails from my treo as I can, but the main thing is I want everything to wind up downloaded from my gmail to outlook on my harddrive.

Confusing enough? I've heard that if Ijust link versamail to gmail, since gmail only allows you to download things once, once versamail downloads it, outlook won't be able to (gmail only lets things be downloaded once?).
    What you need is an IMAP mail server. There are many email services that offer IMAP, some free (like fastmail.fm)

Find an IMAP server, and forward your Gmail. Then have your Treo and Outlook point to the IMAP server. Everything is in sync.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    ahhh, have outlook point there, too! I honestly wonder why I didn't think of that. It all makes sense now...Thanks!
    Here's what I'm doing. I tried to stay away from the IMAP thing, just because I don't want to miss calls while it's checking the server.

I have my gmail forwarding to a 2nd gmail account, which then forwards to my Sprint mail account.

I get a notification when I get an email, from the Sprint one. I can then choose to download it, or wait until it syncs.

As for the sending, I have the sent server as my original gmail account. That way, the person I'm communicating with never even knows it's going to the gmail mobile account.

I thought it would be a bit much at first, but I like it. Every few weeks, I just go in and delete the mobile account's email. The original one, I download with Thunderbird.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. What I've done is have gmail forward to an AIM account and set chatter to send email from my gmail account. That way, Gmail has all incoming and outgoing messages. Then I have outlook point to gmail.

I guess I'll have to see how many calls I miss...