Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just plain ridiculous, Got a sprint letter "Now through 6/22/06, Sprint will buy back your Treo 650 by Plam : $50.00
    You're an important customer and, as our way of saying thanks, we're giving this special offer."

Wow even Palm is willing to give me $170.00. Does anyone really ever sold ever will sell their 650 back to Sprint for measly $50.00?
    <s></s>
    Why the heck would anybody do this when you can get so much more on eBay? $50 or even $170 are crack head prices.
    Doubt they will get many takers, most of us treo owners know alot more than them!
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    What's the marketing message on why you'd want to sell it back to them? Maybe... "Sell your T650, and you'll be first to receive the 700"
    Just chalk it up to "stupid Palm tricks."
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    Doubt they will get many takers, most of us treo owners know alot more than them!
    True. You would think that the Sprint "big wigs" would be smart enough to make sites like TreoCentral required reading for all of there CS reps and marketing people. You could call them right now and get someone on the line that knows absolutely nothing about the 700p even though it should be released within the next few weeks.
    $50 is an insult to their customers
    1 | 2
    Insult their customers? Never! No cell phone company would ever do such a thing!
    Expecto Patronum!!

(Sorry for going off topic - but if you didn't understand already, that was in response to the thread title)
    Last edited by grim02; 05/19/2006 at 03:09 PM.
    And what form does your patronus take, Mr. grim?
    another insult "when you can acheive near broadband speeds with evdo, why sould you want to be bound to hotspots?"
    A shiny new 700p, of course!
    I'll give anyone $51 for their working 650. I'm just that nice.
    I got the same letter, maybe they are going to sell them on ebay
  15.    #15  
    May be ..that would be pretty funny tho.
    <s></s>
    I'm shooting off a letter tomorrow to Sprint - "..because you have been a loyal cell carrier for these many years, I'll give you $50 for your 700P!"
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I'm curious if anyone else got this same letter? I never received one and I'm very high on Sprints junk-mail list. I wonder if it was just mailed out in select markets like Redundant Beach?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    $50 is an insult to their customers
    Coming out with a new phone with a few mior enhancements and expecting you to lay down $600 for it is a major insult. Sprint and Palm really are blowing it with the 700P release. They are essentially saying they really only want to sell these to the corporate market as far as I am concerned. Sure a small group of 650 users wil upgrade but many more will head to other products. Are you listening Palm and Sprint? You still have time to react.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'm curious if anyone else got this same letter? I never received one and I'm very high on Sprints junk-mail list. I wonder if it was just mailed out in select markets like Redundant Beach?
    Dude, yours is arriving after the snow melts...........
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Coming out with a new phone with a few mior enhancements and expecting you to lay down $600 for it is a major insult. Sprint and Palm really are blowing it with the 700P release. They are essentially saying they really only want to sell these to the corporate market as far as I am concerned. Sure a small group of 650 users wil upgrade but many more will head to other products. Are you listening Palm and Sprint? You still have time to react.
    Just got finished posting in the other thread about how everyone will jump on board the 700P bandwagon right away....so I guess I'm going to have to disagree with you once again, Cranky...

I think the consumer market for products like the 700P is just getting bigger and bigger. Will Palm and the Carriers **** off plenty of current customers? Yep, you betcha (hey, I'm from Minnesota)... but the sheer volume of new buyers in the market and buyers coming from other products will simply overwhelm the disgruntled Mustang owners.

From a consumer product standpoint -- watch a demo of SprintTV. Look at how fast the web is on the 700P. You gotta admit that the skin they're using for Ptunes makes MP3 playing look fun and easy... and don't forget about what a great phone it is, too. THOSE are the things the masses are going to lust after.

Without respects to the actual tech specs... if you look at it as a consumer product and see a demo of what the 700P can do and then compare it to a PPC-6700, for example -- there simply is no comparison. Most of the WM5 devices are great for computer geeks and nerds like us (well, most of us are, anyway). But the end-user consumer -- the one who doesn't really want to use a computer so much as DO SOMETHING with their computer -- will see the slick demo of SprintTV and the easy click-click-done that you'll get with the Palm interface and I truly think it's a no brainer that it will have HUGE appeal to the mass market. (Okay...the mass market that's willing to spend $400...which IS out there)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast