Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Will they buy back my stupid 6700 for a Treo 700p?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    It's easy to say that they keep getting it wrong, but they appear to sell more with each passing revision, so they can't be completely crazy.
    Hard to argue that point. My guess is the majority of Palm's new sales are from the 700W as many new smart phone consumers are more comfortable with MS, not the 650 and POS. I believe the future of Palm OS may depend on how many 700P's they sell, and based on the brisk sales of MS phones, POS will be no more.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Will they buy back my stupid 6700 for a Treo 700p?
    Dear Webby:

As a valued Sprint customer we would like to make the following exclusive offer. Between now and June 22, 2006 you may participate in the Haggar/Sprint/Nextel PPC-6700 buy back program.

For a limited time only Haggar/Sprint/Nextel will purchase your PPC-6700 for the amazingly high price of $14. That's right! Because we value the significant contributions you've made to our stockholders and to society in general we guarantee* $14 for your PPC-6700.

Hurry! This offer expires at Midnight on June 22, 2006. Be sure to take advantage of this incredible offer.

Sincerely,

Haggar
    Representing the new Hagger/Sprint/Nextel

* This assumes your PPC-6700 is in the original packaging in "new" condition. All accessories, software, and phone hardware must be unused and availble for re-sale. Please note that some exceptions and limitations apply. Please call us at 888-Get-Hagged for further details. A $29.99 processing fee will be added to your next Haggar/Sprint/Nextel bill to cover the costs of the transaction. A $14.27 shipping fee will also be added to your next bill. A handling fee of $26 is due when you contact us to arrange the return. All fees shown reflect fee prices only - taxes and additional surcharges may apply.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Dear Webby:

As a valued Sprint customer we would like to make the following exclusive offer. Between now and June 22, 2006 you may participate in the Haggar/Sprint/Nextel PPC-6700 buy back program.

For a limited time only Haggar/Sprint/Nextel will purchase your PPC-6700 for the amazingly high price of $14. That's right! Because we value the significant contributions you've made to our stockholders and to society in general we guarantee* $14 for your PPC-6700.

Hurry! This offer expires at Midnight on June 22, 2006. Be sure to take advantage of this incredible offer.

Sincerely,

Haggar
    Representing the new Hagger/Sprint/Nextel

* This assumes your PPC-6700 is in the original packaging in "new" condition. All accessories, software, and phone hardware must be unused and availble for re-sale. Please note that some exceptions and limitations apply. Please call us at 888-Get-Hagged for further details. A $29.99 processing fee will be added to your next Haggar/Sprint/Nextel bill to cover the costs of the transaction. A $14.27 shipping fee will also be added to your next bill. A handling fee of $26 is due when you contact us to arrange the return. All fees shown reflect fee prices only - taxes and additional surcharges may apply.

<s></s>
    sitting on the sideline and letting the battle endure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'm curious if anyone else got this same letter? I never received one and I'm very high on Sprints junk-mail list. I wonder if it was just mailed out in select markets like Redundant Beach?
    I got one, live on the peninsula (between San Jose and San Francisco) - I laughed out loud
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Hard to argue that point. My guess is the majority of Palm's new sales are from the 700W as many new smart phone consumers are more comfortable with MS, not the 650 and POS. I believe the future of Palm OS may depend on how many 700P's they sell, and based on the brisk sales of MS phones, POS will be no more.
    From what I heard, 20% of new sales are the 700W, but that is from a single network (Verizon) in one country. So I don't know if that's a lot or a few.
    if you count only USA sales it is 25% of the total Treos sold in the US and Treo sales are only up 22% YTD over 2005 so the 700W has been all the plus business for Palm and 650 sales have stayed flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    if you count only USA sales it is 25% of the total Treos sold in the US and Treo sales are only up 22% YTD over 2005 so the 700W has been all the plus business for Palm and 650 sales have stayed flat.
    I think if your not the type to want the newest, hottest item, the 650 is a great deal. My friend just picked one up for $100 2 weeks ago. Ofcourse, it was with some help from a person working at Sprint but overall, the 650 is a steal.

I'm sure most people have found out by now that they can get the 650 for cheaper away from the carriers stores (when you do it...Ebay). And i'm sure the anticipation of the 700p is another reason for the flat sales of the 650.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    We've already discussed this in another thread...the 700w sales numbers are not reliable, IMO, because these are sales to carriers, not consumers, and Verizon had an exclusive which means that they most likely had to commit to buying xx number of 700w's per month. The question is: how many 700w's did Verizon sell? And, how many were later returned?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123