1.    #1  
    So I just received my Jensen WBT212 Bluetooth headphones / handsfree combo unit.
    EDIT: forgot to mention I only paid 50 bucks for this including shipping, from ebay.
    These phones have both a standard bluetooth phone protocol and A2DP profile compatibility.

I tried them with the free trial of Softick's Audio Gateway version 1.6 I think... and I could be listening to MP3's through the headphones and when a call came in, it'd switch profiles and I could pick up the phone via the treo or the "answer" button on the headphones.

The only bad part was I'd have to go back to the Audio gateway software and specify "external" again for the music to pick back up via A2DP.

I even tried streaming a 128k shoutcast stream and listening through the headphones w/ptunes. Since my area is EDGE, the stream sounded great.

I'm really excited about this.

Now I just need to find a good mono bluetooth headset that supports a2dp or softick to include the standard bluetooth support for a BT handsfree bud...

Funny cause my PC will route any audio I want (wav / mp3 etc) out to my sony erricson HBH-660 ... I can walk around my house and listen to internet radio streams almost anywhere in the house due to the handsfree BT stack requiring such low bandwidth.
    Last edited by blacknoi; 05/19/2006 at 12:38 PM. Reason: include price
    I just got the Jensen WBT212 and Audio Gateway 1.6 but can't connect to my Treo 650. I'd appreciate some help with this. What am I doing wrong here?

I set up the headphones as a trusted device in the Treo's Bluetooth program. I put in the password 0000, the Treo said it was verifying it, a message flashed by saying it was disconnecting, and then it said the connection was complete and the headset could be used. But the Jensen still flashes rapidly - doesn't that mean it's not connected? I installed Audio Gateway successfully on the Treo and set it up to recognize the Jensen. But performance test button won't work because SAG says the Treo isn't connected, and in fact no sound comes through the headphones.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Last edited by ajunque; 07/25/2006 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Omitted title
    Blacknoi,
    I picked these up too. Have you tried it with any video players? I have Smartmovie and SAG makes Treo reset with the headphones. If that worked, these would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajunque
    I just got the Jensen WBT212 and Audio Gateway 1.6 but can't connect to my Treo 650. I'd appreciate some help with this. What am I doing wrong here?

I set up the headphones as a trusted device in the Treo's Bluetooth program. I put in the password 0000, the Treo said it was verifying it, a message flashed by saying it was disconnecting, and then it said the connection was complete and the headset could be used. But the Jensen still flashes rapidly - doesn't that mean it's not connected? I installed Audio Gateway successfully on the Treo and set it up to recognize the Jensen. But performance test button won't work because SAG says the Treo isn't connected, and in fact no sound comes through the headphones.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    I solved my problem of getting WBT212 and Audio Gateway to play music on my Treo 650. I hadn't realized that connection wasn't automatic. Apparently you need to set Audio Gateway to stream to Remote each time you want to use it.
    Is the headphone "reasonably" watertight and sealed? Can it be used in wet/moist environment?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=120732
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Aprasad, I wouldnt try it. It has large foam earpads.
    So it seems i can use Jensen WBT212 Bluetooth headphones with Softick Audio Gateway 1.06 to listen to my mp3 wirelessly (which what i was looking for) . How is the sound quality for the headphones (Stereo quality ?) and can i take incoming calls on the headset ?
    If so , i will order one today ....
    on the original poster was this with the 700 or 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by askmahesh
    So it seems i can use Jensen WBT212 Bluetooth headphones with Softick Audio Gateway 1.06 to listen to my mp3 wirelessly (which what i was looking for) . How is the sound quality for the headphones (Stereo quality ?) and can i take incoming calls on the headset ?
    If so , i will order one today ....
    Sound quality is great, and read what Blacknoi said.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makismd
    on the original poster was this with the 700 or 650?
    It had to be a 650. Although I use SAG with my 700p, any version after 1.03(some say 1.04) does not work with the 700p. This precludes the use of any AVRCP(is that the right acronym) with the 700p. They have promised a version for the 700p, but as yet have not released one that will work properly.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
  11. jdk
    I managed to get a set (including transmitter) from Buy.com for about $50, but it appears the price has gone up: Buy.com Jensen WBT212.

Unfortuantely, when I use AudioGateway, pTunes just sits there and won't play the track. It won't advance the play timer at all. If I use AudioGateway to switch back "Internal" it works fine.

I've used the headphones with my laptop and portable MP3 player easily. I've also used it with my Treo 700p to place calls (though I seem to have to create a new partnership every time!!! ).

Any ideas why AudioGateway isn't working for me? Is it compatible with the 700p and pTunes?
  12. jdk
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk
    Any ideas why AudioGateway isn't working for me? Is it compatible with the 700p and pTunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    It had to be a 650. Although I use SAG with my 700p, any version after 1.03(some say 1.04) does not work with the 700p. This precludes the use of any AVRCP(is that the right acronym) with the 700p. They have promised a version for the 700p, but as yet have not released one that will work properly.
    Sorry, I should read more closely!!
    BTW: I have posted it on other thread as well. But i recently got my Jensen Headset and installed SAG on my Treo 650 .
    I listened to it just fine and was very happy but after listening to it for an hour i switched off the headset and come next morning the treo battery had died.

Any reason why ? Or Just playing it for an hour dries the fully charged battery ?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Just got the new WBR212 - connection to PC is great for audio and net listening. Very good audio quality.

I've also connected to the Treo650p. Call switching works great - playing through Yahoo Music pauses the player on the PC. When the call is over, PC continues playing again.

Problem is the headset voice quality is not good on the Treo at the moment - I hear lots of pops - sounds like poor a bluetooth signal - did not notice the problem on other mono BT headsets.

Anyone else have issues? Could be the environment, there is a lot of BT around here.

Steve
    Wondered if anyone knew if the power input for DC plug was positive out or negative out. If you're not sure what I mean, if you have the owners manual it should have a diagram like this to show which it is. The reason I ask is because I am on vacation in Texas and forgot the charger, and I bought a universal charger at Wal*Mart but I need to know that before I can charge them. Here is the diagram.
    http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/4446/tempua3.png

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out but the universal charger f-ing fried them... sucks so bad
    Last edited by OneyOzFest182; 05/20/2007 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Misfortune