Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    http://blog.treonauts.com/2006/05/treo_700p_with_.html

    Unlike Sprint’s Treo 700p which incorporates a few extra ‘unique’ applications, it appears that Verizon is happy to simply offer its version with the standard new features and applications that Palm has delivered with the Treo 700p such as:...
    http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12226

    http://mytreo.net/archives/2006/05/v...ompetition.php
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 05/19/2006 at 12:50 PM.
  2. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #2  
    wonder what these extra applications are
  3. #3  
    I wonder how it will do with Verizon's data charges?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  4. #4  
    Next few weeks. Next few weeks. OK already, but what is a "few?" I consider a "couple" to be 2 weeks, a "few" to be 3 weeks. Anything more than that is a month.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    wonder what these extra applications are
    Voice Dial ?
  6. #6  
    I think the article reflects an absence of these features on the vz 700p. It is Sprint that add the extra things like SprintTV, etc.
  7. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #7  
    oh yea I read it wrong..sprtint will have more stuff.
    Thats fine, Id rather choose what goes in rather than get stuck with sum crap that someone else thought was important.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    oh yea I read it wrong..sprtint will have more stuff.
    Thats fine, Id rather choose what goes in rather than get stuck with sum crap that someone else thought was important.
    Exactly! This saves us a Shadowmite hack to free up extra space in ROM. Though, I think I'll have plenty now with the 700p. With the 650, all I really ever needed was about 10MB more.
  9. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #9  
    ill just be glad I can add java without the guilt ( so much space 4 so little use) and not doing the sd jig
  10. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #10  
    actually having everything run internally and leaving card for a backup and the rest for music movies = nice clean organized system
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I wonder how it will do with Verizon's data charges?
    Ditto...In the near past, Verizon didn't allow tethering with the Treo. They can't let Sprint walk with this alone.
    at&t iPhone3G
  12. cadams's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #12  
    Both carriers will offer DUN, aka Tethering, for $15 a month. And I'm not sure what the question "I wonder how it will do with Verizon's data charges?" even means. VZW will be happy to charge you $45 for unlimited interent access, it's what they charge for the 700w, 6700 and 650.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Both carriers will offer DUN, aka Tethering, for $15 a month. And I'm not sure what the question "I wonder how it will do with Verizon's data charges?" even means. VZW will be happy to charge you $45 for unlimited interent access, it's what they charge for the 700w, 6700 and 650.
    I think that was aimed at the fact data on Verizons network is more. The $45 bucks does not include DUN...correct me if I am wrong.
    at&t iPhone3G
  14. #14  
    i just called vzw and cancelled my service. I am going back with sprint. EVDO is available in my area and sero is just to good to pass up. Anyone thats wants a mint 700w before its hits ebay, please pm me.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    i just called vzw and cancelled my service. I am going back with sprint. EVDO is available in my area and sero is just to good to pass up. Anyone thats wants a mint 700w before its hits ebay, please pm me.
    Congradulations...wise choice.
    at&t iPhone3G
  16. #16  
    I had to think about it. With vzw I will spend about 1500 a year and thats with taxes.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    i just called vzw and cancelled my service. I am going back with sprint. EVDO is available in my area and sero is just to good to pass up. Anyone thats wants a mint 700w before its hits ebay, please pm me.

    What happened to "VZW is way better than sprint?" lol.
  18. #18  
    cccable...were you still under contract? I think I might jump ship too.
  19. cadams's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I think that was aimed at the fact data on Verizons network is more. The $45 bucks does not include DUN...correct me if I am wrong.
    Correct but again, both VZW and Sprint will be charging $15 for it seperate from other data plans. Bottom line is VZW is $20-$30 a month more than Sprint for data. depending on the powervision pack you get.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1
    cccable...were you still under contract? I think I might jump ship too.
    Jump...jump...And I don't work for Sprint either. I was with Verizon for two years before going to Sprint, and kicked myself for two years of ignorance.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions