Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    What happened to "VZW is way better than sprint?" lol.
    unless SPrint has improved their coverage area here in Los Angeles, i prefer VZW. when with Sprint (t650), i couldn't find strong signals in the places I am most, i don't have that problem with verizon. so like i said, i'm more than happy paying up unless Sprint coverage has improved in this area, and by a large degree.
    or different than 'basic' sprint coverage. I have had spotty coverage near my home for years with my 600, but tolerated it due to my old (cheap) plan and good coverage at work (Manhattan). I know VZ works better near my home but the data costs are very high.
    Verizon is said to possibly give a better data plan deal for new customers only, to try to counter Sprints already better package. If there is any truth to this...Sprint is already pushing Verizon to start making changes to accomodate the consumer.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Jump...jump...And I don't work for Sprint either. I was with Verizon for two years before going to Sprint, and kicked myself for two years of ignorance.
    More power to you. From my experience Sprint gets far worse coverage where I live than VZW. I have 5 lines right now with them (myself, my wife, we have no land line so we have a line for the babysitters, and my wife's grandparents have two) and all of my friends and family are on VZW which helps keep the plan price low.

I am not pleased with the lack of options for data and they are very expensive compared to the other carriers. I hope that will change but I doubt it.
    Dstudboy1, Yes I am still under contract. I joined VZW on April 3rd of last month. I called VZW today and I told the rep I would like to discontinue my service on my 700w. The rep asked why and what other company could offer me evdo and I was like Sprint! I told him the prices and about the sero plans and this guys was saying that sounds pretty good, I have to look into that. I bet this rep has the 700w and in going to also jumpship. $175.00 is not going to kill me in the long run because I would be looking at 1500 a year for 2 years with verizon. I am also a manager at Fed Ex Ground so I will get a additional 23% off my sero plan. I just couldnt take the 700w no more after looking at the reveiw of the 700p. This will be my first palm OS device and hopefully not my last. Windows 2005 is just to bundled up on the treo. Just my two sense
    I can't go with Sprint either. Their signal where I work is abysmal. Too bad, though. Their plans are sooooo much better.

Anyway, back on track: When is Vz gonna release the darn thing?? Not a single good leak. Why are there so many loose lips with Sprint and not Vz?
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    I can't go with Sprint either. Their signal where I work is abysmal. Too bad, though. Their plans are sooooo much better.

Anyway, back on track: When is Vz gonna release the darn thing?? Not a single good leak. Why are there so many loose lips with Sprint and not Vz?
    Because Verizon is made up of three cellular companies with inconsistant technologies. Sprint built their own consistant all fiber optic digital network from the ground up. In time it will get better. It already is better than Verizon where I am now, and keeps getting better. Sprint is working hard at expanding.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    What happened to "VZW is way better than sprint?" lol.
    I think you're mistaking oddlou for curley...ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD

I read somewhere that it would be two weeks fallowing Sprints launch.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I think you're mistaking oddlou for curley...ouch.
    Haggar,

You mean, I'm mistaking cccablecompany for curly? Curly wasn't nice. I was just teasin' ccc b/c he said what I quoted a few days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    unless SPrint has improved their coverage area here in Los Angeles, i prefer VZW. when with Sprint (t650), i couldn't find strong signals in the places I am most, i don't have that problem with verizon. so like i said, i'm more than happy paying up unless Sprint coverage has improved in this area, and by a large degree.
    I work in downtown l.a. and live on the eastside. I have great coverage in most places with Sprint. And when I don't I just jump on verizon's network for free. To each his own, I say.
    oddlou if sprint is doing justice why change. I was with nextel for 2 years and that had to be the worse phone company in the world. Dropped calls everywhere. I had about 12-15 dropped called per day. The dropped calls were so bad I just started using the 2-way only.
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    oddlou if sprint is doing justice why change. I was with nextel for 2 years and that had to be the worse phone company in the world. Dropped calls everywhere. I had about 12-15 dropped called per day. The dropped calls were so bad I just started using the 2-way only.
    IDEN network is good for 2 way on a radio signal tip.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    I agree. Nextel's service is pretty crappy. Welcome to Sprint.
    Can someone tell me what the sero plans offer and which one you guys are getting?
    sprint.com/sero
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Because Verizon is made up of three cellular companies with inconsistant technologies. Sprint built their own consistant all fiber optic digital network from the ground up. In time it will get better. It already is better than Verizon where I am now, and keeps getting better. Sprint is working hard at expanding.
    You make this statement as if VZW is just sitting back and doing nothing to expand their coverage.

Stick with your point on data pricing. All the other stuff makes you sound like a cheerleader
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    You make this statement as if VZW is just sitting back and doing nothing to expand their coverage.

Stick with your point on data pricing. All the other stuff makes you sound like a cheerleader
    Speaking of cheerleaders....for those who have never seen this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...worst+job+ever

NOTE: Strong Language, Violence, Mild Nudity
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Ditto...In the near past, Verizon didn't allow tethering with the Treo. They can't let Sprint walk with this alone.
    I tether all the time w/ Vzw. unlimited data plan. never a additional charge or nasty gram
    I work in downtown l.a. and live on the eastside. I have great coverage in most places with Sprint. And when I don't I just jump on verizon's network for free. To each his own, I say.
    hey, glad to hear it works for you. for me Sprint phone service/coverage sucked arse, it was terrible.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast