Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    And I woulda thought this wasn't necessary

http://www.pdalive.com/showarticle.php?threadid=11092

As much as we'd like to blame other parties for the long wait for Palm's Treo 700p (and we will, we will), there's one source for at least some of the wait: the FCC. According to public filings, the smartphone just cleared the government agency, paving the way for its impending rollout.
    Told Ya So Mode: ON

Hey d,g & g !!

LOL

THE FINAL PROOF!!

Told Ya So Mode: OFF
    Yes- you win, BUT YOU ALREADY KNEW YOU WON.

However, please note - it DID require FCC approval, and some of us got pretty well banged up for saying that by "those in the know" who said it was just same hardware as the 700w so there was no need for FCC approval.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Lets bankrupt sprint/nextel and verizon wireless so they can be bought out and ported to GSM. why isn't the world on one wireless standard yet?
    Perry, turn off the mode flipping!!!
    Apologetic Mode: ON

In regards to Post #3:

I was not one of those, I don't think. I was in the camp that thought Palm was just having the FCC keep it quiet until the announcement.

Cheers, Perry.

Apologetic Mode: OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Perry, turn off the mode flipping!!!
    LOL

(It will continue, I'm enjoying it. Multiple personalities and all.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Yes- you win, BUT YOU ALREADY KNEW YOU WON.

However, please note - it DID require FCC approval, and some of us got pretty well banged up for saying that by "those in the know" who said it was just same hardware as the 700w so there was no need for FCC approval.
    I told you it needed FCC approval! For those who told me otherwise remember this next time.

Yes, Perry this is total proof but we knew already. It has been fin but I am starting the 750W rumormill TODAY!
    The rumors never stop, how long before we see the FCC approval for the 700p GSM?

Let the rumors start....
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLINI_treo
    Lets bankrupt sprint/nextel and verizon wireless so they can be bought out and ported to GSM. why isn't the world on one wireless standard yet?

cuz GSM sucks

(sorry couldnt resist)
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    cuz GSM sucks

(sorry couldnt resist)
    CDMA sucks - and I didn't even try to resist.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    This is an odd quote...

As much as we'd like to blame other parties for the long wait for Palm's Treo 700p (and we will, we will), there's one source for at least some of the wait: the FCC. According to public filings, the smartphone just cleared the government agency, paving the way for its impending rollout. Of course, Palm did file a confidentiality request with the FCC, so we're not entirely clear exactly when this baby got the thumbs up, but the important thing is that it did, which means nothing (short of mobs at Sprint and Verizon's stores) should stand in your way if you're planning on picking one up very soon.
    1. They say the FCC is partley to blame for the wait since it just cleared
    2. Plam filed confidentiality request.
    3. We don't know when it got the thumbs up (because it was confidential)

OK...so how is the FCC responsible for any delay????

an obvious moron
    GSM hardly sucks, having the ability to pop a new sim card in seconds, have all your contacts, the same phone number, same network provider, yeah GSM really sucks.

EDIT: Not that i want to start the whole GSM/CDMA thing again.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    This is an odd quote...

OK...so how is the FCC responsible for any delay????
    I thot the same thing 1st time thru ....but I think the key is "according to public filings, the smartphone just cleared".

I interpret that to mean a "public filing" was made in the last day or two in which Palm said thet the 700p "just cleared".
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    And I woulda thought this wasn't necessary

http://www.pdalive.com/showarticle.php?threadid=11092

Yes they posted this on engadget this afternoon!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    CDMA sucks - and I didn't even try to resist.
    ahhh
    I'm surprised it needed approval. As we all now know, it IS the same hardware as the 700w.

But indeed, the FCC ID number is slightly different. One lives and learns.
    Last edited by TGavilan; 05/19/2006 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLINI_treo
    The one wireless standard should be CDMA.
    at&t iPhone3G
    ...after further testing they determined that the brain tumors that formed on the lab rats were within the legal limits.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast