Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well, the post number has increased dramatically in the last few days and I didn't notice if anybody shown the FCC filing from Palm on the 700p (dated 5/17, 5/18 so still quite recent.)

Interestingly, Palm has been filing the new Treos under the Treo XXX moniker but this should remove all doubt https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

All current filing document are available here https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=208803&fcc_i d='O8F93001'

Sadly, no user manual listed yet
    but more updates could still be on the way
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    I hate responding to myself, but this document:
    https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

seems to indicate you cannot have EV-DO and Bluetooth at the same time?

ok, I'm sure I'm reading this wrong...

BTW, it DOES confirm that the internal of both 700W and 700P are in fact IDENTICAL (at least for bluetooth I guess)

The chipset hardware, antenna, output power, manufacturer, board layout and positioning of the transmitter within the two treo products are identical
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Doh ! Still responding to myself but it looks like no manual or pictures of internal from the FCC site until mid-june

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

well that sucks

"Doh !'
    Ok, I'm done.

According to this, the manual and external/interal test photos won't be available to the public until 7/01/06

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Sum&calledFromFrame=N&RequestTimeout=500&application_id=208803&fcc_id='O8 F93001'

"Doh !'
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenTeeth
    Ok, I'm done.

According to this, the manual and external/interal test photos won't be available to the public until 7/01/06
    uh oh, does that mean 5/28 is a no-go? I do NOT want to wait 4 additional days -- that brings us back into double digits.
    Probably not... just means that Palm doesn't want the FCC to release the stuff BEFORE it's been put on sale I guess.

"Doh !'
    7/1 would be July??? Then it appears the Treo 700P has the same radio as the 700W. How well have the 700W users like the call quality and the sigtnal strength??? is it an improvement ove past Treo's? I have not heard anyone comment to this point.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    7/1 would be July??? Then it appears the Treo 700P has the same radio as the 700W. How well have the 700W users like the call quality and the sigtnal strength??? is it an improvement ove past Treo's? I have not heard anyone comment to this point.
    I had a 700W for 2 days using it in my business at the same locations. I did find it was slightly better than the 650. The only thing is -- the 700W was on Verizon and the 650 was on Sprint...but I've been told that in this market Sprint and Verizon use the same exact towers...so it should be a fair comparison. I think?
    Green, you answering and quoting yourself is akin to Perry. Are you two cousins?
    Green, you answering and quoting yourself is akin to Perry. Are you two cousins?
    Lol I was about to say that.
    <s></s>
    Brownie, what ya been busy with since the FEMA gig ended?? Your doin' a helluva job there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    I will say it "Its OT brownie"
    And i've seen OT on these threads 100 times and still have no idea what it means. Last time it was brought up, the other guy asked whats your favorite color

and why do you people only use abbreviations!?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    And i've seen OT on these threads 100 times and still have no idea what it means. Last time it was brought up, the other guy asked whats your favorite color

BWBTAA (Because We Belong to Acronyms Anon) and it cuts down on the typing.
    Brownie, what ya been busy with since the FEMA gig ended?? Your doin' a helluva job there...
    Thanks I appreciate the support, its been pretty rough.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010

I m typng this frm a treo so 4give me JB

kthxbye
    <s></s>

Does the FCC ever actually go against any phone made anyway.
    All the FCC does is verify that an electronic device meets the relevant technical standards required by law and regulation. If a device doesn't meet those standards, you'll likely never hear of it.

But since the manufacturers know what the regs are, and can run the tests as well as the FCC can, a non-compliant device is not likely to be submitted. (But if the FCC didn't run their tests, you can bet some manufacturers would push the limits.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    All the FCC does is verify that an electronic device meets the relevant technical standards required by law and regulation. If a device doesn't meet those standards, you'll likely never hear of it.

But since the manufacturers know what the regs are, and can run the tests as well as the FCC can, a non-compliant device is not likely to be submitted. (But if the FCC didn't run their tests, you can bet some manufacturers would push the limits.)
    Makes sense

On an unrelated note, did anyone realize how dead the other boards are in this place, with the exception of maybe the 700w/650. Is that generally what happens a few weeks after the release I was just starting to enjoy this board and the vicious attacks!
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    ...and why do you people only use abbreviations!?
    FY
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    FY
    Justbrwn,

Translation: For You. They use abbreviations For You!
    Geatches, you nice guy you!
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Justbrwn,

Translation: For You. They use abbreviations For You!
    Geatches, you nice guy you!
    Something like that
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast