Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TGavilan
    I'm surprised it needed approval. As we all now know, it IS the same hardware as the 700w.

But indeed, the FCC ID number is slightly different. One lives and learns.
    TG, I tried to tell you numerous times MY SOURCES told me that any phone device needs to be reviewed before release. You have no idea if the hardware is the same. There are even hardware revisions as the product ages which need to be approved from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    CDMA sucks - and I didn't even try to resist.
    Pretty strong words from someone on Sprint.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    More like dillusional words...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Amen to that. I love Sprint.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Not just only about Sprint...for anyone to think CDMA sucks in comparison to GSM is dillusional. CDMA is the superior technology. The capacity for data on CDMA is higher on its frequency, and its potential for advancement is just at a start with no light of being exhausted at the end of the tunnel...that is why GSM is at a standstill IMO, on high speed data, plus it is the old technology...about two decades old. CDMA is the smaller newer USA all the way. The Europeans won't convert because of denial.
    at&t iPhone3G
    CDMA consistently provides better capacity for voice and data communications than other commercial mobile technologies, allowing more subscribers to connect at any given time, and it is the common platform on which 3G technologies are built.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Strauss is a Cingular guy.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    that sounds painful. Cingular guy, is there a cure?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstrauss

Not just only about Sprint...for anyone to think CDMA sucks in comparison to GSM is dillusional. CDMA is the superior technology. The capacity for data on CDMA is higher on its frequency, and its potential for advancement is just at a start with no light of being exhausted at the end of the tunnel...that is why GSM is at a standstill IMO, on high speed data, plus it is the old technology...about two decades old. CDMA is the smaller newer USA all the way. The Europeans won't convert because of denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Strauss is a Cingular guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    that sounds painful. Cingular guy, is there a cure?
    Whoa - now that we got all of the quotin' outta the way....

My "it sucks" comment was a knee jerk reply to Pump142 - we tend to bash each other on occasion, because we're on opposite sides of the fence, and of course the fact that it does suck is of some consequence...

Munk's right, I'm a Cingular guy, and with all the abuse that gharrod has taken in the last two weeks, he should understand "c"ingularity...

n00b - what am i ever going to do with you, Check your facts son...

KStewart...get a brain job to go with your boob job, and you'd understand the situation a little better. Theoretical technical superiority of CDMA over GSM doesn't eliminate the real world situation that GSM IS the world standard, and if you read the LATEST technical papers, you'll see that the most recent adoptions of the HSDPA standard exceed your CDMA theoretical speed limits by several orders of magnitude (man, that was a mouthful...I think I just had a Haggar moment). Besides - can you switch your precious Sprint Treo with any other carrier; ANYWHERE?

I will give you one big up - Sprint's data plans, cost wise, are the best in the business; but if you're not in an SMSA or along an interstate corridor, Sprint's service generally sucks (at least out here in the great Southwest).

Okay - I can feel the flames already, you guys set me on fire just with what you're thinkin' ( ); but I love y'all because you keep this place lively...

Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Membership Facilitator Role: ON

Group Hug !!

Membership Facilitator Role: OFF
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I just found a fragment of an ancient scroll! It appeared to be torn off the bottom of a larger scroll. I unrolled it...and it said...

"#11...Thou Shalt Not Have Modes Of Conversation"

<- look...a burning bush
    Munk's right, I'm a Cingular guy...
    I would think that a Palm would be impotent to you?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I would think that a Palm would be impotent to you?
    Low blow there my man. I think we are all too attracted to handhelds for our own good.
    Low blow there my man. I think we are all too attracted to handhelds for our own good.
    Is that why Perry longs for a pink one?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar

I just found a fragment of an ancient scroll! It appeared to be torn off the bottom of a larger scroll. I unrolled it...and it said...

"#11...Thou Shalt Not Have Modes Of Conversation"

<- look...a burning bush
    Fire Mode: ON

Or is that just our red Spandex-man self-immolating?

Rule #11 is so modal....
    {a grammatical form that indicates the perspective of a speaker or writer toward what he says. The resultant verb form indicates whether the speaker or writer wants to express a statement of fact (indicative mode), a command (imperative mode), a condition (subjunctive mode), a wish or prayer (optative mode), etc. The Greek verb system has six modes: indicative, subjunctive, optative, imperative, infinitive, and participle.
    www.biblecentre.net/nt/greek/alex/glo.htm}

Fire Mode: OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Is that why Perry longs for a pink one?
    A long pink one?!?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstrauss

Whoa - now that we got all of the quotin' outta the way....

My "it sucks" comment was a knee jerk reply to Pump142 - we tend to bash each other on occasion, because we're on opposite sides of the fence, and of course the fact that it does suck is of some consequence...

Munk's right, I'm a Cingular guy, and with all the abuse that gharrod has taken in the last two weeks, he should understand "c"ingularity...

n00b - what am i ever going to do with you, Check your facts son...

KStewart...get a brain job to go with your boob job, and you'd understand the situation a little better. Theoretical technical superiority of CDMA over GSM doesn't eliminate the real world situation that GSM IS the world standard, and if you read the LATEST technical papers, you'll see that the most recent adoptions of the HSDPA standard exceed your CDMA theoretical speed limits by several orders of magnitude (man, that was a mouthful...I think I just had a Haggar moment). Besides - can you switch your precious Sprint Treo with any other carrier; ANYWHERE?

I will give you one big up - Sprint's data plans, cost wise, are the best in the business; but if you're not in an SMSA or along an interstate corridor, Sprint's service generally sucks (at least out here in the great Southwest).

Okay - I can feel the flames already, you guys set me on fire just with what you're thinkin' ( ); but I love y'all because you keep this place lively...

I don't care if it is the world standard...the key word...STANDARD. Just because the whole world is not going to change for CDMA, doesn't mean its the better of the two. Switching my treo to another carrier isn't a merit to GSM being better in this technological argument...it just means convienence, so that doesn't stand for me. And, never mind the boob job...I know some of you guys can't handle her, and she knocks your consentration, and you can't equate being a geek, and possibly having a life too, with a balance of set interest. I love you also dstrauss, and do have much respect for you as well as other members of our forum, but CDMA is the new kid on the block and I understand your frustration. GSM is ok...I like how my dad sounds like a robot when he calls me.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I don't care if it is the world standard...the key word...STANDARD. Just because the whole world is not going to change for CDMA, doesn't mean its the better of the two. Switching my treo to another carrier isn't a merit to GSM being better in this technological argument...it just means convienence, so that doesn't stand for me. And, never mind the boob job...I know some of you guys can't handle her, and she knocks your consentration, and you can't equate being a geek, and possibly having a life too, with a balance of set interest. I love you also dstrauss, and do have much respect for you as well as other members of our forum, but CDMA is the new kid on the block and I understand your frustration. GSM is ok...I like how my dad sounds like a robot when he calls me.
    How's that betamax working for you?
    ...GSM is ok...I like how my dad sounds like a robot when he calls me.
    Well, you could try getting him a phone made in THIS century. And I agree, being "standard" is often nothing to be proud about (I just love all those folks, particularly government types, who rave about performing "above average" by a few points - that makes you a few points shy of mediocre - come to think of it, does that mean half the population of the planet has a below average IQ?)

Seriously, there are times when my calls sound better than my son's Sprint phone standing right next to me, and vice versa. In this day and age, unless you're in analog roam mode, most digital calls sound pretty good. And I did agree, Sprint's got the best data service at the best price points in the business, but that's not a function of CDMA superiority, but of being in third place.
    Last edited by dstrauss; 05/20/2006 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    How's that betamax working for you?
    Great...
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast