Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Does anyone have trouble sending attachments via Versamail? I have the latest version of the software and I am able to receive attachments - but unable to send. When I click on the "attach" icon, it appears that my documents are attached (as the attachment is intact in my sent items folder) -- however, the attachment is missing from the e-mail once it's received.

I've tested this w/ Word and Excel (via DocsToGo) and w/ DiddleBug.
    What about photos/videos? Databases? vcards? etc, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Photos -- not able to attach.
    I'm don't think I have any vcards or databases to test it with (unless my "contacts" list counts as a database).

Like I said, everything shows an attached document in my sent items folder -- although the actual e-mails are received without the attachments.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGirl View Post
    Does anyone have trouble sending attachments via Versamail? I have the latest version of the software and I am able to receive attachments - but unable to send. When I click on the "attach" icon, it appears that my documents are attached (as the attachment is intact in my sent items folder) -- however, the attachment is missing from the e-mail once it's received.

I've tested this w/ Word and Excel (via DocsToGo) and w/ DiddleBug.
    I had the same problem when I tried to send attachments. I found the problem was corrected when I sent the email again from the "sent items" folder using "forward". For some reason when I forwarded the email out of the send items folder, the attachment was sent with the email.
    What email are you using? I had problems like that sometimes with Gmail(POP3) but I went to AIM(IMAP),and I haven't had any issues at all and I send some fat attatchments from time to time.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    What email are you using? I had problems like that sometimes with Gmail(POP3) but I went to AIM(IMAP),and I haven't had any issues at all and I send some fat attatchments from time to time.
    I am using sisna.com and Gmail both POP3 and getting the same problem with both. I haven't tried AIM but I will check it out. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by healed View Post
    I am using sisna.com and Gmail both POP3 and getting the same problem with both. I haven't tried AIM but I will check it out. Thanks
    Make sure you check and make sure Outgoing Server Settings are ok or you won't be able to send email via IMAP, only recieve.

Port Number:587
    Make sure authentication(ESMTP) is checked
    and reassigned your Username and Password.

If any of these are missing, you won't be able to send email with IMAP...it happened to me when I tried IMAP server and I was pulling my hair out until I realized I just needed to reassigne my Username and Password. I didn't have to do this when utilizing POP3.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Make sure you check and make sure Outgoing Server Settings are ok or you won't be able to send email via IMAP, only recieve.

Port Number:587
    Make sure authentication(ESMTP) is checked
    and reassigned your Username and Password.

If any of these are missing, you won't be able to send email with IMAP...it happened to me when I tried IMAP server and I was pulling my hair out until I realized I just needed to reassigne my Username and Password. I didn't have to do this when utilizing POP3.
    I just tried sending an attachment using a AOL email account on my Treo
    700P and had no problems. Thanks for your help and info.