Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I've read (either here or on the Chatter web site) that attachment sending support is coming for Exchange. What I've experienced today may not be valid, since it occured on the Treo 700P Simulator, but I want to share it anyway. I loaded ChatterEmail+ with the OWA plugin (Version: 2.0.1rc1/owa.97) and got it to connect with Exchange very quickly. It started syncing right away and I have to say I'm extremely impressed with this product. I tried to send a word document (which I created in DocsToGo on the simulator) and the message sat in the Outbox for about 45 minutes. My QuickSync is set to every 15 minutes, so I had pretty much given up on the fact that it was going to send. Then, after I stopped paying attention to it, the sucker sent and sure enough I received it on my POP account in outlook with the attachment! I logged into OWA and sure enough, it appeared in the sent items list.

So I tried it again with a different word document and the same process unfolded. Is this supposed to work at all? I am really excited about Chatter now!!!
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Yes, sending attachments works in general. It would be interesting to see a log showing the delay - I've never heard of it before. Logging instructions are in the FAQ on my site. Feel free to request help via support@chatteremail.com.

Marc
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I followed your logging steps in an effort to log the "problem" and everything started working perfectly. The message sent (with attachment) immediately. We may have to chalk this one up to the simulator. Thanks for your quick response.
    Ah, ok - great. My experience has been very good on the 700p...

Marc
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Marc, will your PIM enhanced version of your OWA plugin support Global address book lookups against the Exchange server?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Ah, ok - great. My experience has been very good on the 700p...

Marc

I'm very jealous Marc

When you are in an active data mode do calls come through, as advertised with EVDO?

alan
    jeeter - Not sure yet.

ambtreo - I don't know from personal experience; I don't get EVDO service here...

Marc
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Marc -

I will let you know in 2 weeks time - I have EVDO coverage in Westchester NY