1.    #1  
    Hi, first post - so go easy on me. And yes, I did search.

My work supports Goodlink - and I would love to use it to access my email and get pushed to my phone. But I use ksdatebook everyday and could never give up the month-view with text. I don't care if this isn't synced with outlook - as I prefer to keep my personal stuff seperate anyway. Is it possible to delete/disable some of the Good apps to bring back the palm dateBook database so this would work? If I can't use ksDatebook - I can't bring myself to put on Goodlink.

Ideally I'd like to keep palm's memo's and contacts too, and just use Goodlink for my work email. Is this possible?
    Yes, you can bring the Palm Contact and Calendar databases back. Check the GoodLink FAQ thread for how to do it. Just remember (as you noted) these won't sync with Outlook and can be lost if you Hard Reset without a backup.
  3.    #3  
    They don't talki about bringing back the calendar in the FAQ, but did I see the part about the contacts. BTW, this is on a Treo 650.

I'm hoping to continue doing a manual sync to the Palm Desktop for the non-goodlinked stuff.
  4.    #4  
    I got a chance to see Good on a 650 - looks like all the palm apps are still there. May just be a matter of chaging the button prefs.
    That is true about the buttons for calendar, but I don't see a way to get the contacts back without removing the GoodLink contacts per the instructions GoodGuy gave. If you find a way to remap the contacts button, please let us know.
    I've posted this at least twice in the past, but if you delete 'Good Address Book.prc' (with a file browser such as FileZ), that will restore the contacts button to the palm database.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks all - I installed Goodlink and super happy. My calendar button goes to ksDatebook. When you say "contacts" button - I guess you mean when I start typing on the phone screen. I still can get at my palm contacts.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I am assuming that GL will not sync OTA using the native palm apps? If one would choose to remove Good Address Book.prc for example, I am under the impression that contacts would have to hard synced - or by some other method other then Good Link...
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross
    I am assuming that GL will not sync OTA using the native palm apps? If one would choose to remove Good Address Book.prc for example, I am under the impression that contacts would have to hard synced - or by some other method other then Good Link...
    Correct.
  10.    #10  
    Let me just add - goodlink rocks!! I almost got a Window's based smartphone and was appaled by the interface. It kinda scared me away from Good too. But Goodlink preserves the Palm-style one-handed stuff and mimics most of the functionality of the palm apps. If anyone has the opportunity to put this on their treo - do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross
    To clarify, apps like "Good Address Book.prc" are merely stubs, or shortcuts, that point to the starting point in the Good suite. Just as installing Goodlink only hid, not removed the palm databases, you are not losing any Good functionality by removing these stub apps.

Yes, Goodlink only syncs the exchange databases. So yes, you will need to sync to palm desktop or backup to get that information off the handheld.