1.    #1  
    OK- now that I have your attention, can you help?

I've had a Treo 650 for about a year now and all was fine until a couple of months ago when it started resetting when I try to send certain SMS messages, recieve calls/access my ansaphone.

I presume that this is to do with some software that I have installed - the problem is I dont know how to un-install it (I know, I know "Amish Boy"!!). I did a hard reset but the software just returned when I Hot Synced it. The software I put on was:-

Busker
    Real player
    Ringo and
    TCPMP (I think)

Please bear in mind that I am as technical as a Goldfish - could someone please step-by-step explain to me how to remove this stuff?? Imagine I'm your Mom - tell me how to do it please.

Thanks.
    You could always blow it up...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    To delete software:

In "Applications," Press the "menu" button, and select "delete." A list of installed programs will come up. You can chose the ones to delete. The will not be reinstalled when you sync.

To keep installed applications from getting reinstalled after a hard reset:

On your desktop, navagate to C:\program files\Palm\username (if your name is Larry Mullen, your username folder will look something like MullenLar. Find the folder called "Backup" and rename it something like "Backup_old."
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You could always blow it up...
    Mr Phelps, this Treo will self destruct in 10 seconds...or ten days, or after 10 resets, or 10 calls...
    Go to the northglide site and pick up Uninstall Manager. UM uninstalls the prc and anyt other hidden files that came along with it. Of course this program is best installed as your 1st app after a hard reset as it will need to monitor installations when installed to see what files are installed.
    I say blow it up.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  7.    #7  
    I'll give it a go - if it doesn't work I'll explode it and post the footage on this site!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJChudster
    OK- now that I have your attention, can you help?

I've had a Treo 650 for about a year now and all was fine until a couple of months ago when it started resetting when I try to send certain SMS messages, recieve calls/access my ansaphone.

I presume that this is to do with some software that I have installed - the problem is I dont know how to un-install it (I know, I know "Amish Boy"!!). I did a hard reset but the software just returned when I Hot Synced it. The software I put on was:-

Busker
    Real player
    Ringo and
    TCPMP (I think)

Please bear in mind that I am as technical as a Goldfish - could someone please step-by-step explain to me how to remove this stuff?? Imagine I'm your Mom - tell me how to do it please.

Thanks.

You probably have a software corruption somewhere -- and a hard reset and a hotsync just bring it right back from the "backup" folder. A clean install will allow you to start fresh. You might, also, consider Uninstall Manager as your first app to be installed -- as Jack said.

www.northglide.com

Clean Install:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...85&postcount=8

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/22/2006 at 09:26 AM.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJChudster
    I'll give it a go - if it doesn't work I'll explode it and post the footage on this site!!
    Wow. CAN NOT wait. Who's got popcorn?
    I clicked on this thread under false pretenses. I really wanted to see a 'sploded treo.
    sam-i-am, me too. We should blow up the Treo and its owner!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    please forgive but not forget........
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    Download Destaller then with its help delte what u want

Ita freeware and good one