Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Which one should I get for my Verizon Treo 650 and why?!

I hear there are lag issues as well as static and range issues with bluetooth for the Treo 650. Is this true?

I tried doing a search but there is so much jumbled information out there.

Both have DSP.

I'm looking for something I can just stick into my earhole and forget about, I don't really like the ones that loop around the ear because they just seem to flop around and not stay put. I gave my Moto Razr H3 headset away because it was so floppy.

It looks like I can stick both the Jabra and the Platronics into my ear and just forget about it. Sound quality I would expect to be pretty good for both.

So Which one would you guys pick and why? I have to decided by this week! Help!
    I'm using both right now, and my favorite is leaning towards the JX-10 for daily use (with a Jabra ear jel), as:
    - it's smaller than the 645
    - doesn't blink a honkin' big blue flash every 5 seconds like the 645 does (no Borg effect)
    - seems to have less lag when transferring a call to the headset versus the 645

On the other hand, the 645 seems to have a slightly better mic & speaker versus the JX-10, and slightly less background hiss.

Static interference with the 650 seems to be about the same with each model, distance wise.

Given I'm moving to the 700p, I'm holding out on a final verdict until trying each headset with that phone.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    does the jabra ear jel come with the headset? or is it purchased separately?

i mean, do I need to use the plastic hook over my ear with the jabra?
    The Jabra ear gels do not come with the unit, as it comes standard with the ear hook. But if you stop by your local Radio Shack, they usually sell the kit of clear colored ear jels for about $7 (different sizes for each ear).

I've found the benefits of the ear gels to be:
    - provides a better sound for incoming calls
    - no need to wear the hook (doesn't get in way for wearing sun glasses)
    - by design, increases the volume of the speaker, and makes it perfect for the default volume setting of the JX-10
    - a perfect fit to the Jabra JX-10... no need to glue them on to the earpiece, etc.
    - quicker placement/removal from ear versus the hook
    - more comfortable
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I am using the Jabra with 'mini ear gels' and I absolutely love the effects of adding the gels. While I still use the hook I adjusted (bent) it for additional comfort and can now wear it all day very comfortably. The JX10 is soooo light I don't even know I have it on.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    jabra or platronics.... so far i'm leaning towards the Jabra. I think I might purchase it VERY soon unless any other comments. Help me please!

any downsides to Treo 650 bluetooth aside from range? It should work the same as any other bluetooth phone correct? in terms of call clarity, responsiveness of the headset, etc etc.
    It works "good enough". Just pull the trigger, and pick up a Jabra JX-10.
    can you pair 2 phones simultaneously with the jx-10 like you can with the plantronics 640/45?
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    question about the size of the earbud (the part that goes into the ear)

Is it the same size as a standard in-ear bud for a wired microphone? Is it the same size as the standard ipod earbuds?

I ask because these fit my ears perfectly, and i wouldn't want the earbud part to be any larger, or else it won't fit in my ear! thanks.
    I think I picked up a dud. I bought the Jabra JX10 from Best Buy today. Every time I try to pair it, my 650 doesnt find it. There's a tiny button on the underside; which when pushed in, will give me a steady blue light letting me know I am in pairing mode. Past that, nothing happens.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    It must be a dud -- return & try another.
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    question about the size of the earbud (the part that goes into the ear)

Is it the same size as a standard in-ear bud for a wired microphone? Is it the same size as the standard ipod earbuds?

I ask because these fit my ears perfectly, and i wouldn't want the earbud part to be any larger, or else it won't fit in my ear! thanks.
    Just go to your local Radio Shack and try the plugs -- you won't need the headset to see how they fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    It must be a dud -- return & try another.
    Most certainly I will...........the damned thing is broke! Where the up and down signs are, well, that particular tab is out of place. Right now I am sitting here looking at the insides of it from that location. $194. is waaaaaaaaaay to much to get something broken right out the box.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Remember that all manufacturers of any product experience some level of defects, which usually hover in the single digit range (eg. 1-3% of all units shipped).

Looks like you had the misfortune of receiving one of those defective units, but try not to let it impact your perceptions about the JX-10 -- it works, and works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    Remember that all manufacturers of any product experience some level of defects, which usually hover in the single digit range (eg. 1-3% of all units shipped).

Looks like you had the misfortune of receiving one of those defective units, but try not to let it impact your perceptions about the JX-10 -- it works, and works well.
    Whatever time I go to lunch today, I will be spending it at Best Buy; exchanging this one.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Most certainly I will...........the damned thing is broke! Where the up and down signs are, well, that particular tab is out of place. Right now I am sitting here looking at the insides of it from that location. $194. is waaaaaaaaaay to much to get something broken right out the box.
    Wow, $194. Why don't you try out eBay? You can get the JX10 for $89 there. That's where I got mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Wow, $194. Why don't you try out eBay? You can get the JX10 for $89 there. That's where I got mines.
    This time around I didnt think of eBay. I was already in Best Buy buying some PSP stuff and while in there, the headset crossed my mind; so I just picked one up.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    any other places I should look to get it online? I'm thinking Amazon in case I need to make a return...
    Buy.com for $114.99.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    www.bluheadsets.com $114.95 plus a free car charger.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast