Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah, bestbuy is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too high. I think Best Buy is priced even higher than Jabras msrp ($179.00).
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I think I picked up a dud. I bought the Jabra JX10 from Best Buy today. Every time I try to pair it, my 650 doesnt find it. There's a tiny button on the underside; which when pushed in, will give me a steady blue light letting me know I am in pairing mode. Past that, nothing happens.

The first one I bought online was a dud. I second one I purchased works like a charm!
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    wow has anyone seen the sony iv835?! that looks pretty awesome too!

http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/product/HBH-IV835

now i can't decide ahhhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    Yeah, bestbuy is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too high. I think Best Buy is priced even higher than Jabras msrp ($179.00).
    That was the price, you forgot to add sales tax.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo

Is is me, or does this look extremely long?
    Last edited by scandalex; 05/22/2006 at 10:32 PM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Try malcolmwireless.com for the JX10. Mine was $93.94 shipped via priority mail.

And you must have a dud 'cause mine works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo

One dislike: Talk time = Up to 3.5 hours (which means half of that in the real world)
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Do a pricegrabber.com search for the JX-10... you can pick one up for under $100 from many places.
    Bump.
    I'm an owner of a Jabra JX10 and it is a lot happier with a 700P than my 650. Calls move to it a lot faster and I can walk up to 20 feet away with very little static. I was only able to go about 3 feet from the 650 while using it. Also, the 650 took about 2 to 4 seconds longer to connect to the headset when making or receiving a call.

It's beautiful headset and I recommend it if you're in to forking over a bit more cash than the rest.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Yeah, I dumped my 645, and went with my JX-10 for long-term use with my new 700p.
    Headcase, why did you dump the 645? Are you happy with the decision?
    I dumped the 645, because I preferred the form factor of the JX-10 (more "pocketable"), talk time and standby time are much greater over the 645, and there's no honkin' big flashing blue light that declares "I am borg" on the JX-10... the light is very small on the JX-10.

Also, I liked the fit of the JX-10 with a aftermarket Jabra ear gel, versus the ear gel that the 645 uses.

Other than that, the 645 is a fine headset. For many, its a matter of personal preference.

Treonauts has a great comparison of the units:
    http://blog.treonauts.com/hw_bt_headsets/index.html
    I was using the Palm-branded Jabra 250 which was a boat anchor on my ear and it looked like one too! I have had the 645 for about a week and it is working great for me. I have no regrets getting the 645 although I was concerned about battery life but so far it is working fine. I like all of the charging options it comes with. I did have to call Plantronics technical support though to have them send me the Treo charing adapter which they were happy to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by gottago
    Try malcolmwireless.com for the JX10. Mine was $93.94 shipped via priority mail.

And you must have a dud 'cause mine works great!
    whats the website?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    If you really must have the full address: www.malcolmwireless.com ;-)
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    My bad... Go to www.pricegrabber.com and do a search on jabra jx10 and Malcolomwireless has a storefront through pricegrabber.

gottago...
    For the record...I've been using my JX-10 (paired to a 700p) for about 3 weeks with no problems. I wear it with a Jabra gel (right ear) all day at work. I've experienced a little ear-ittation (ha ha) wearing the gel 5 days a week so I've decided to try the left gel. I'll probably end up alternating from left to right and see how it goes. The Jabra ear gel pack (Radio Shack) gives you small, medium, and large ear gels for both ears. Very handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_honda
    For the record...I've been using my JX-10 (paired to a 700p) for about 3 weeks with no problems. I wear it with a Jabra gel (right ear) all day at work. I've experienced a little ear-ittation (ha ha) wearing the gel 5 days a week so I've decided to try the left gel. I'll probably end up alternating from left to right and see how it goes. The Jabra ear gel pack (Radio Shack) gives you small, medium, and large ear gels for both ears. Very handy.
    The eargels work nicely with the Jabra JX10 once you find the right fit. The ear hook that came with my JX10 broke and wouldn't stay on the phone. With the eargels in, I don't miss the ear hook at all.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  19. nwr
    Where did you find the mini ear gels? I went by Radio Shack and Best Buy and the only ones I could find that slide over the JX 10 earpiece are to big for my ear. They were in the $7.00 range. Do they even make the ear gels in a mini size?
    Thanks,
    NWR
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I think I found mine at a Best Buy but I am not sure. They fit the Jabra BT250 I think.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast