Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Hello,

I am having a HTML solution that I want to move to my Treo. What do I need for application to read the files? I tried to copy the entire HTML folder, but Hotsync told me I had no application to support it...

What should I do?
    I'm not sure, but do you know if isilo works for that?
    Just call me Berd.
    Are you looking to edit the filkes on the treo or just browse them as web pages. Not sure of anything that can edit them, but if you want to browse them, just save them to a folder on your SD card then you can open them with your browser.

I think you'll need another browser other than blazer, unless there is a way to open html pages in blazer that I'm not aware of - I really don't use blazer so I'm not that familiar with it. THere are lots of browser choices out there - WebPro, Opera Mini, Xiino... just do a search & you'll find a ton of choices.

you will probably also want to look at Card Export by Softick (www.softick.com) - it lets you see the SD card in the treo as a removable drive so you can manage files & folders pretty easily. There are also other apps like Card Export that others might be able to suggest, it just happens to be the one I prefer.
    isilo does in fact let you read the html code in a file, but I don't think you can edit it.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carlsson
    Hello,

I am having a HTML solution that I want to move to my Treo. What do I need for application to read the files? I tried to copy the entire HTML folder, but Hotsync told me I had no application to support it...

What should I do?
    If you're looking simply to view the files as rendered HTML, I don't think it's possible directly on the phone. However, you can copy that folder to an SD card. From Blazer, utilize the following pattern:

file:///{folderName}/{fileName}

so if you wanted to access "index.htm" and you copied your folder to "/web" on your SD card, it would be:

file:///web/index.htm
    Also consider Plucker and Sunrise Desktop. I use the former to synchronize large trees of HTML files onto my system, either from the Internet or from my computer's own hard drive.

http://www.plkr.org/
    It's free and very nice, but not too well supported.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks for the answers!
    The problem for me now is, how do I copy the files to my SD-card without having an extra utility (such as Softick)? If that isn't possible I read about the "Missing Sync" utility which seems good, is it?

Thanks!
    I'm not sure about the other solutions, but Plucker Desktop has a synchronization conduit for Windows, i.e. your files will sync to your SD card when you Hotsync your Treo. If you're a Windows user, then this is the download you want:
    http://downloads.hideho.org/plucker/...up_1.6.2.0.exe

But you mentioned "Missing Sync", which is for Macs. Are you a Mac user? There is a Plucker Desktop for macs, but I don't know anything about using Treo with Macs except that many people do indeed like Missing Sync.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Could you just drag and drop, or copy paist from your desk top to your card via a card reader?
    Just a thought
    Terry
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Yes, I'm on Mac.
    Yes, I could dl/ul with my card reader, but it's easier to just sync...

I have dl:ed Missing Sync now, and next step is to dl a better web browser. Thanks for the help!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Alright, downloaded Xiino and tried to read the files. By some reason it opened Blazer as soon as I wrote the URL. And Blazer does not read the files correctly, so I really must have another browser... :-O

Do my Treo think that files must be read with Blazer?

BTW; One thing I really miss with the Palm OS is the ability to browse the file system. You have to be dependent on writing the exact url (in this case) and you can't force applications to open files that you _know_ they can read, even if they don't show up in files dialogue box (e g PDF's with PalmPDF)...
    ========================
    Andreas Carlsson, Borås, Sweden
    Assuming that the Mac synchronization does what you want, I really think you'll be happy with Plucker;it's like a good-looking browser which only lets you view locally-saved web-archives, but doesn't know how to look on the Internet. Here's the mac link:
    http://downloads.hideho.org/plucker/...er_1.6.0.1.dmg

Another option which hasn't yet been mentioned is Avantgo ... it's a mediocre web browser and a mediocre viewer analogous to Plucker.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Plucker seems to be too weird to use. I can't open the file I want to look at (look at my complaints about browsing above). Or maybe I can, but I don't want spending the night to try out.

OMG, I'm getting tired of this. Should it really be this hard to read a saved HTML document on your Palm?
    ========================
    Andreas Carlsson, Borås, Sweden
    Thanks! Exactly what I wanted to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by tc600
    If you're looking simply to view the files as rendered HTML, I don't think it's possible directly on the phone. However, you can copy that folder to an SD card. From Blazer, utilize the following pattern:

so if you wanted to access "index.htm" and you copied your folder to "/web" on your SD card, it would be:

file:///web/index.htm
    Now you can also use TreoOfflineViewer, which as a plugin for the Blazer web browser, makes it much more convenient to open HTML files from memory cards.

TreoOfflineViewer - save and load web pages from the SD card with your favorite web browser.

http://www.ranosoft.net/images/screenshots/Rtov.gif

Download TreoOfflineViewer from:
    http://www.ranosoft.net/palm/downloa...ewer-Rtov.html
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post

For some reason that I don't understand Plucker desktop (to convert the HTML files to pdb) is not working on Leopard. So I came here to find out what was happening and try to fix it. But this offline Blazer surf is perfect for me! I only use Plucker to read HTML files I create for personal use. I have something like a "personal" web with quotes I get from books and lots of information I love to carry with me and the Web way with the hyperlinks seams to be the best way to surf and find my information. Great tip! No more converting Thanks a lot!