1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a software similar to Novii Remote that will be able to control my air con? Hope someone knows of an air con control software i can install into my Treo650 to control my room air con. Thanx in advance.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Generally the Treo is not very useful as a remote control because the IR wont work more then a few feet away.

I am not sure of any palm software that is specific to AC devices. Perhaps if you have the original remote you could try a program called Omni-Remote, it should allow learning of new IR codes. But of course you would have to have the original remote.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I used OmniRemote on my Kyo 7135 to control my air conditioner. I don't think Omni works on the Treo, though. And, as stated, even if it does the IR port is so weak that by the time you were close enough for it to work, you could just reach out and touch the unit.

I'm really hoping the Treo 700P will have a more powerful IR port.
    All will believe in Him! The question is when!
    But using novi remote you can "train" it to a device, all you do is get the trainning screen up and point the orginal control at the treo and press away, do it for all the buttons and job done. But you WILL disappointed with the range.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  5.    #5  
    Well.....the problem is that the control is already dead

Nevermind....looking at it, i better just buy a new control. Should be a lot easier. Thanx anyway guys.