1.    #1  
    I have my verizon rep waiting to get me on the list for the 700p - but i have a few questions i was hoping someone could answer:

1. i currently use a tx. do i keep the same desktop and just sync the treo to that?

2. how do i convert from my regular palm contacts to outlook contacts - which is what the treo uses?

3. can i sync both my tx and my treo 700p to the same sync name and desktop?

4. i sync my tx at home and also at work. does the same hold true for the 700p??

thanks. i'm relatively new here and totally new to the world of treos. so be gentle! but this decision to go to a treo is a long time coming and now i'm diving in. just want to make sure there's enough water in the swimming pool!

bean
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    1. Do not sync devices to the same name. It will cause a lot of problems. But you can sync to the same Outlook profile but keep in mind a change on one can affect the other device.

2. You can also use Palm Desktop with the 700p, at least I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

3. See #1

4. Yes
  3.    #3  
    thanks. so if my tx is named 'abe' and my 700p is named bob - can i keep the same info on both of them? (that's my intent).

and how do i convert all my many many many contacts into outlook for palm?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bean
    thanks. so if my tx is named 'abe' and my 700p is named bob - can i keep the same info on both of them? (that's my intent).

and how do i convert all my many many many contacts into outlook for palm?
    Yes, you can. The new Palm Desktop application that you can download from Palm has the Oultook and Palm conduits and you can change them at any time. During setup it will ask you to sync to Outllok or Palm Desktop. After selecting Outlook it will ask for a profile. It will then import your contacts from the TX into Outlook. The only thing I would do though is for the first sync with the TX is set Handlheld to overwrite Desktop for Contacts, Calendar and all the other PIM functions. Then when you get the 700p, create your new profile, set it to sync with Outlook and then select the same profile, just be safe and then set DESKTOP to overwrite handheld and then all three should be in Sync. I've been doing this with my 650 and an old 600 for a while now and it's working fine. Every once in a while I'll change the conduit to Palm and backup into there.

I'm assuming you know the Palm software fairly well with you having a TX already, if something's not clear let me know.
    Bean-

Youwrote:
    > 2. how do i convert from my regular palm contacts to outlook contacts - which is what the treo uses?

You do *not* need to convert to Outlook. You *may* use Outlook if you prefer, but if you are already using Palm Desktop then no change is required.

I changed user name when I got my 650. To keep my contacts, memos, etc I exported and then reimported entries using Palm desktop.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    You should be able to easily adapt this procedure for your use

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...46&postcount=3