Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Is there an app that let's you create thumbpad shortcuts to perform a system task such as soft reset?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    There is a simple app called softreset, you could always use the app then assign it a hard button in your prefs. I don't know about thumbpad shortcuts, maybe someone else knows.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-781.html?SoftReset
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I'm using it already, but I'm not too fond of getting it done through the touchscreen. If not already, I do wish someone would come up with an app that allows you to assign key combinations like Opt+Alt+Space to do a certain task, like soft reset.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    mReset can be assigned to a favorites key and do what you are needing. It's attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I use a freeware launcher called PetitLaunch. It allows me to assign a combination of a launch key and just about any other keyboard key to trigger an application. I have another freeware app called mReset which performs a soft reset immediately upon launch (no touchscreen button to invoke). Using these two freeware apps, I have my Treo set up to recognize that the keystroke combo of the Calendar hard button plus the letter "x" is a command for an immediate soft reset.

Edit: Twitch3 hit his reply button before I did.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Thanks fellas! I'll try out these apps.